One less thing I could get df'd for!

by Deleted 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Deleted
    Deleted

Well, if exit polls are grounds to call the presidency just hours into the vote count then I can conclude that in only 3 days of quitting the tobacco habit that this it!

7 years ago when I left the BOrg I started smoking cigars, as it went well with Scotch, and was deliciously a naughty thing to do after 18 years in the cult(ure). I started to inhale, as I am prone to do, and then concluded I would be better off with cigarettes. That's was a bad mistake.

Jill, Elyse, Dan and I have all quit, with the help of nicotine lozenges. I feel so much better already, and I still get the nicotine hit I seem to crave!

In 7 years of us smoking at least a carton of cigarettes a week I estimate we spent about $10,000 in fags over that period!

So with quitting drinking, I drank more when in the collective than out, I have just two disfellowshippable sins to go, and neither I plan to quit (MJ and Aposatsy).

When I redid my real age at myrealage.com, I went from a real age of 65 to 55, and in reality I am 51, so that's much better.

It's a good year, so far.

Happy New Year y'all

Glen

• mouthy
    mouthy

Glen good for you. Keep it up brother.... I know how hard it is to quit smoking, it took me 9 months.... But I can taste food now like I never did as a smoker... Havent smoked since 1963 when they were 40 cents a packLook at the money I could have saved if I banked it ______I didnt

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Hang in there, Deleted.

I smoked my last cig on Halloween, 1988 (after almost 10 years of 2 packs a day). It's definitely been worth it, if for nothing else than seeing how much cigs cost now compared to when I quit (it was up to $1.10 a pack, which I thought was unreasonable).

Then there's the whole breathing thing. It's kinda fun.

Jankyn

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey Deleted, I plan on doing the same real soon. I have done it once before and managed a year and a half (kept a blog on this very site)... well I'm thinking it's time to do the same again. Well done.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Glen! Good to hear from you. Give a call or email one of these days, we'd love to go to dinner with you and Jill.

Stacey

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Congratulations! From what I hear it is one of the hardest things on the planet to kick. When you accomplish this, you should feel proud of yourself and feel able to take on what ever you tackle next.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Congrats! That's awesome. Everyone keeps saying that using Nicorette or patches, etc make it much much easier to quit.

• dinah
    dinah

I would love to quit, but I fear I would kill someone. At the least I would be impossible to live with. I'm moody as it is. Me and hubby are going to get some gum and try it. He better be ready for some pent up frustration. We'll make it through.

• ferret
    ferret

When I left the dubs I also started smoking cigars and my favorite drink was scotch.

I Quit both 20 years ago.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

btw, I think its just www.realage.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit