Beards are evil, but do you know why?

by free2beme 62 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Great topic! Like many of you I never understood the reasoning that we couldnt grow a beard as Jehovah had created us to and that we were using man's fashion of shaving??!!

I got the same reasoning of the hippie explaination, and that why put my wishes above stumbling others etc...well I grew my beard on and off so many times over the years because I simply disagreed with the attitude I was getting. I remember one Watchtower study and it had a picture of a husband and wife and was about doing things so that the unbeliever would see a good example. Well the man in the picture had a goaty which was well groomed and he was neatly dressed, and so one elder answers that its obviously the man who is the unbeliever as he has the beard! Unreal!

One MS did grow a goaty and got a part on the assembly program, but was asked to do one thing before being included - you guessed it, remove the offending beard!

Arnie

• prophecor
    prophecor
    You know how those beards can chafe the inner thigh girls? Lol, can't have the elderettes drawing attention to themselves by walking 'oddly'......''Either you shave that beard or we give up the 69s my Dear'' ...

Dear God, were the mini elders just that liberal? I could never imagine, however, were I so lucky, I would have went strait to a Gillette for the little elderette.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

This is not a "rule" that has been enforced universally. It seems that some countries have been exempted, due to cultural reasons. E.g. Denmark, the Netherlands and I’ve also heard Ireland being mentioned. Denmark and the Netherlands are known to be very liberal countries. Once, I attended an assemply in Denmark, and one elder giving a talk at that DC wore a full beard.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    one elder giving a talk at that DC wore a full beard

I hope he wore it over his privates. Im assuming he was naked - I know what those liberal countries are like!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

sorry if I used poor grammar. He had a full beard. In fact, Denmark is so liberal, that sometimes the JWs preach in the nude :-)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Prophecor - I think the 'no beard' rule was introduced IN ORDER to protect the identity of those engaging in certain 'practices'.....think about it......

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    sometimes the JWs preach in the nude :-)

(KK hunting out passport, booking next flight to Denmark) do I need to bring my own drugs or do they still give out a complementary spliff with each donation for the Watchtower?

• hideme
    hideme

I am sorry, but although the Netherlands seems to be a liberal country, the beard is a big issue here.

Beard= no privileges.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Beard= no privileges

And for men also? (snicker snicker)

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Some good advice to all those Brothers still inside the organisation!!!!

If you want to get out of doing Car Park Duty in the dark and cold or microphone duty, or indeed saying a bloody longwinded prayer at the end of the service meeting....the answer is simply wear a beard...

Even better I suppose is dont bother going to the meetings in the first place!

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit