Are We Christ's Witnesses or Jehovah Witnesses?

by RevFrank 8 Replies latest jw friends

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

No matter what the Watchtower says, the watchtower turns their followers away from the bible.

Let's look at Isaiah 43:10........(NWTHS)..."You are my witnesses is the utterance of Jehovah..even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that you may know and have faith in Me, and that you may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none....11>I am Jehovah and besides me there is no Savior."

But don't stop there....there's more..in Acts 1:8...it says..."but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit arrives upon you, and you will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the most distant part of the earth.."

So Jehovah said it about witnesses and Himself, yet Jesus said the same..Which is which? But wait...there's more.........

As I said in Isaiah 43:11....where Jehovah God says there is no other Savior, yet in Titus 2:13..it says..."while we wait for the happy hope and glorious manifestation of the great God and Savior of us, Christ, Jesus..." Two Saviors? Didn't Jehovah say He was the only Savior? Yet scripture just say that God was our Savior Christ?...Wait..there's more.......

Now the book of Romans, by Paul, opens many eyes to see the truth of the Holy Spirit....In Romans 10:13, tells us....For everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved." Now hold that tought on everyone and go to 1 John 5:1....."

..."Everyone

believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God, and everyone who loves the One that causes to be born loves Him who has been born from that One.."

So..can can these things be so? Two Saviors? After all Jehovah said Himself that thre is no other God or gods.....Confusing is it not?..Not unless The Christ is the incarnate Jehovah God. That's the only way it can be.

As for witnesses....Jehovah Said Isreal is the witnesses. Christ said we are His witnesses.

Peace...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Interesting.

The matter seems complicated from a witness perspective doesnt' it? But they don't really consult the Bible on these matters. They consult a group of Christian Apostates called the Governing Body..... ahh therein lies the problem I fear.

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The matter seems complicated from a witness perspective doesnt' it? But they don't really consult the Bible on these matters. They consult a group of Christian Apostates called the Governing Body..... ahh therein lies the problem I fear.

Jeff

Exactly.

And the reason they regard the apostate Governing Body's directives over what the Bible says is because they have been brainwashed for so long by the WTBT$.

See the June 15, 1975 WATCHTOWER

Page 370 Paragraph 7

Page 375 Paragraph 21

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Bob

I think you and I would get along fine. We really need to plan on meeting sometime. We think alike.

Jeff

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

You are right on Reverend. The Witnesses got it wrong. They work hard to hide it with the NWT.

• Forscher
    Forscher

As the title to a fairly famous book remarks, the Witnesses are captive to a concept. Simply put, they believe that Jesus appointed the Watchtower leadership as the head of God's house in 1918. Thus, by definition, they are God's mouthpiece and what they say has the force of scripture for the rank and file.

Forscher

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

You are correct that Christians are witnesses for Jesus, not Jehovah. I believe JW's have got this wrong. However, as for this:

Not unless The Christ is the incarnate Jehovah God. That's the only way it can be

Groan. What nonsense. Trinitarianism gone mad.

So who then does Jesus repeatedly pray to and direct attention to right through-out the gospels. Who was it that spoke from heaven when Jesus got baptized. It was YHWH, the Father, Jehovah, the God of the Jews, whom Jesus acknowledged as his own Father time and time again.

Romans 10:13
    Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. (NIV)

The context of this verse in Romans makes it clear that the “Lord” referred to in this verse is the Lord Jesus Christ. However, this verse is a quotation from Joel 2:32 in the Old Testament, and in Joel the “Lord” is Yahweh. That has caused some Trinitarians to say that Jesus is God. The argument is not valid, however. There is nothing in the context or scope of Scripture that shows that Yahweh and Jesus Christ are the same being. What it shows is simple and straightforward: In the Old Testament, one called upon Yahweh for salvation, and now we call upon Jesus Christ for salvation. This does not show an identity of persons, rather it demonstrates a shift of responsibility. This responsibility that Jesus now has was foreshadowed in the Old Testament record of Joseph: the people would go to Pharaoh for their needs to be met, but after Pharaoh elevated Joseph to second-in-command, he told them, “Go to Joseph” (Gen. 41:55). No one would conclude that Pharaoh and Joseph were the same being, and there is no reason to conclude that Jesus and God are both “God” just because Jesus now has some of the responsibilities that God had until He exalted Jesus.

Part of the confusion surrounding this issue is that in the Old Testament, many versions do not print the name Yahweh, but instead say “Lord.” Although God never commanded it, it was the custom of the Jews, out of reverence for God, not to pronounce the name of God, so they wrote “Lord” when the Hebrew text said Yahweh. Many Christian Bibles do not have God’s name clearly translated, but have “Lord” where the Hebrew has Yahweh. This confuses many Christians who see “Lord” in both the Old and New Testaments, and assume it is the same person. Also, many Christians who have some training in the Scriptures have been taught that Yahweh in the Old Testament was Jesus Christ. So, instead of seeing Yahweh in Joel and “Lord” in Romans, and then realizing that the Lord Jesus is now doing what Yahweh did, they erroneously believe the same person is acting in both places.

God made Jesus Lord and gave him all authority. This verse and others show that Jesus has taken on many of the jobs God used to do. We understand that perfectly in our culture, because we know what it means to get a promotion and take over a job someone else used to do. With the promotion and new job often comes a new title. Thus, “this same Jesus” was made “Lord” and “Christ” and was given all authority, including raising the dead and judging the people (John 5:21-27). The verses in the Old Testament that speak of God’s authority are often quoted in the New Testament and applied to Christ because God gave the authority to Christ.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

You're right JEFF...Calling the watchtower apostites is being mild...lol.........

...As for yaddayadda, I'm sorry.....I'm not talking about the trinity....you seem to have been a jw a while back or has been studying before.

I'm not even going to, try, to qualify myself to you nor even attempt to try to see it from my side of opinion. For over a thousand of years no one has really been challenged on the arian point of view. Oh I'm sure they were around, but they really never serviced until the establishment of the watchtower bible and tract society.

It's been 2,000 years since Christ and the Apostles and before 100 AD many of the church was slipping away. That's the reason Paul(Saul) told so much on following the true path of Christ.

Now who am I to challenge the watchtower? Just a learned scholar, as Walter Martin, who told the world, without fear, to challenge any religion who thinks they are right. The Catholic Church must be right....the LDS are right...Islamics must be right....the Jews must be right, (jews aren't too far off) the watchtower must be right......I can go on and on and on. But then again I don't follow the world's religions......I follow Christ.

I'm a sinner....I've fallen short of God's loving grace....Yet before I came into the world, Christ suffered and died for me too. Christ died for everyone of us.....

Watchtower bible and Tract Society are spiritually dead wrong. They follow the antichrist.....And I don't deserve the loving grace the LORD has offered me, yet He offers it to me, because of the love He has for all of us.

Why even an atheists aren't atheists...because an atheist is required to know all things..(Atheists is a different issue) At least they aren't that sure on many issues.

Why do I make the statement that you are or were a JW? because I know them..I know how they breath, eat, sleep, dream, walk, and talk. Been there done that....And one thing the watchtower told me back in the early 70s, do the research on the other religions. I did....then when I began to study on the watchtower itself, the watchtower came unglued.

In a small book of theirs called, "the Truth book," there's a chapter on, "Why is it wise to study your religion, " So when I ventured into studying the watchtower, they came unglued. They wanted to stop me. The more they tried, the more I studied. I did research...I did research on the, "Church Fathers." I did so much research..and needed to study the ancient languages...and that wasn't easy,,,,I needed to qualify even the ancient words and phrases.............

Trinity........It's a mixture of arabic and ancient hebrew wth a dash of latan..meaning three not to mention of koein greek. And a name for God, also, is El-ohim which means One, but no more then 3. This is ancient hebrew....Elohim. And this took me years to reach this answer. I'm not going to explain to you how or why I came to it...you wouldn't understand it anyway.

be well.....

PEACE

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Rev Frank,

Your post reminded me of a little quiz I made to try to get my newly baptized JW friend to learn that what the Bible teaches is different to what he is being taught.

By the way, why do people seem to polarise into trinitarian or arian - I am neither - both are more modern words & concepts than Christianity.

My little quiz for those thinking of becoming JWs:

Introduction

2 Corinthians 13:5 (

Keep testing whether YOU are in the faith, keep proving what YOU yourselves are. Or do YOU not recognize that Jesus Christ is in union with YOU?

The Bible alone (ideally the Translation) should be used to test your answers. Please try to answer all ten questions first without the Bible, then test your answers using the Christian Scriptures (New Testament).

Some answers may seem quite easy for Christians well versed in scriptures and don’t worry if some answers are repeated.

Question1. Whose WITNESSES should we be throughout the whole world?

Answer …………………………………………………………..(see Acts 1:8)

Question 2a Whose WITNESSES must we be?

Question 2b Bearing WITNESS to which NAME inspires ALL prophesying?

Answers a……………………………………………………………………………. (see Rev 19:10)

b………………………………………………………………………. (see Rev 19:10)

Question 3. Whose word must be observed if we are never to see death at all?

Answer ……………………………………………………….(see John 8:51)

Question 4. Whose NAME allows us to have eternal life?

Answer: ……………………………………………………………………………. (see John 20:31)

A harder question

Question 5. How did Christ describe the type of men we must NOT follow?

Answer …………………………………………………………………………………………….

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………… (see Luke 21:8)

Another tough one

Question 6. After his death, when did Christ's presence start and when will it end?

Answer ………………………………………………………………………………………

………………………………………………………………………………………………………… (see Matthew 28:20)

Getting a bit personal now

Question 7. Are you spirit begotton, YES or NO?

Answer: ……………………………….

If not, can you still be a Christian and belong to Christ? YES or NO?

Answer: ………………………………………………………………………….…… (see Romans 8:9)

Question 8. Whose word is truth and will set you free?

Answer ……………………………………………………………………………. (see John 8:31,32)

Just for good measure

Question 9. Who is it that sets us free?

Answer: ………………………………………………………………………………. (see John 8:36)

Thank You. Please feel free to test your answers against the Christian Scriptures, preferably the Translation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit