Has my biological family stopped shunning me?????

by Elsewhere 23 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

I am happy for you elsewhere. Maybe there is hope for them.

• startingover
    startingover

I have observed a softening with those in your situation after time passes and the "tough love" scenario hasn't worked. I think deep down most people have a real hard time shunning people, especially family. But of course there are those that shunning doesn't bother, and may in fact enjoy doing it for the feeling of superiority it gives them. Along with them are those that are just too stubborn to ever let it go

Like has been said, enjoy your gift. Considering their past actions, I would keep my distance for a while and see where it goes.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Good advice from everyone.

Will your family now demonstrate consistency? Hard to say.

My JW brother showed up at my house unexpectedly over the holidays last week. We had a great visit. Maybe I'll talk to him in another six months, or maybe a year or two. Who knows? Either way, I expect nothing from him. You can't force or push too hard for a person to make such a monumental decision to leave the JWs until they are emotionally and intellectually and spiritually ready. It's too stressful. They need to have the gumption to do it on their own.

I'm glad you had a good time with your family though. Hope you get more of those occasions.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Unfortunately I don't think the org plans to change its policies because it fears the "apostates" too much, their doctrinal structures are totally rotten and can't stand much scrutiny. The GB can't defend them so they want to keep the critics at a safe distance.

That was a case of the long suppressed humanity in the individual JW finally breaking through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit