what a diehard replies if the phrase "brainwashing" is used

by stillajwexelder 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have heard quite a few witnesses when confronted with "You are Brain-washed" merely reply " Well in Satans world, my brain was so bad it needed washing, so I am glad I got brain-washed" - difficult when one is confronted with an attitude like that

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I always love it when they claim everything they do is freewill and they can choose to do anything they want, that's classic. Of course when you ask them why they don't they'll tell you because that's not right...so they will never see what would happen if they actually put free will to the test.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Bwahahaha! I used to say that... *blush*

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

They are "slaves" of God. Slaves to sin. They are obeying rules out of fear, not by choice. Because they never questioned any of them.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They are "slaves" of God. Slaves to sin. They are obeying rules out of fear, not by choice. Because they never questioned any of them.

You are so right, David. JW's have such a twisted and perverted view of Romans chapter 6 due to the spiritual feeding program they receive from the Governing Body:

Romans 6:1-14 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

The New Life in Christ

What should we say then? Should we continue in sin in order that grace may multiply? Absolutely not! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Or are you unaware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in a new way of life. For if we have been joined with Him in the likeness of His death, we will certainly also be in the likeness of His resurrection. For we know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that sin’s dominion over the body may be abolished, so that we may no longer be enslaved to sin, since a person who has died is freed from sin’s claims. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with Him, because we know that Christ, having been raised from the dead, no longer dies. Death no longer rules over Him. For in that He died, He died to sin once for all; but in that He lives, He lives to God. So, you too consider yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, so that you obey its desires And do not offer any parts of it to sin as weapons for unrighteousness. But as those who are alive from the dead, offer yourselves to God, and all the parts of yourselves to God as weapons for righteousness. For sin will not rule over you, because you are not under law but under grace.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I called the society's # 845-306-1100 today to ask some questions. The operator said she had hundreds of calls and couldn't talk. Told me to call back tomorrow. I wonder if I do, what if I say I am interested, and would like to ask a couple of questions? Would I be doing anything wrong? Could I word it in a way, that it would be ok to do so? I am "intrigued" in the truth you hold, Am I allowed to ask questions before making my final decision? Yeah, that is it! Let them open the "door". see how far this is allowed. It will give me good idea how threatened they are by each question I pose. I can then focus on the most threatening ones. I wonder how it feels to to have such authority over peoples lives, to suddenly one day have to accept the responsibilty too. Proving their "gods" lazy, and far behind the spiritual need. I mean they have 144,000 of them right?

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

The problem is they think that true 'brainwashing' is done with lights and sounds (like in "A Clockwork Orange"). They don't understand that true brainwashing is simply repetition mixed with emotional input until you eventually spout the right response even if you're not sure why or even if you can't explain it, as many dubs can't. My grandmother is classic - she says stuff like "Well, I don't really understand it either, but I just know it's right" - this after 60 years as a witness.....if that's not brainwashing, I don't know what is.

• zagor
    zagor
    I have heard quite a few witnesses when confronted with "You are Brain-washed" merely reply " Well in Satans world, my brain was so bad it needed washing, so I am glad I got brain-washed" - difficult when one is confronted with an attitude like that

If it wasn't sad I would have been truly comical. They are no better than nutters from Heaven's Gate or those form Waco Texas. This is brain washing at its finest, when victims actually takes pleasure in the process and endorses it. Wow well done WTBS, you're truly masters of deception.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I remember using that argument myself on the field service - 'well some people need their brains washing'.

Sad thing was we thought it was a REALLY original answer! I didnt realise every buggering JW around the world was using it aswell. Sigh. Maybe I would have left sooner if I had realised that even the smart alec answers had been brainwashed into me.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Katie,

Lines like that were spread around by the C.O.s and D.O.s - it didn't take long for it to be viewed as de rigeur by the R&F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit