Possible Severe JW Chronology issue - need help please - research thread

by donkey 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

LEOLAIA! Holy cow, you were doing this in eighth grade?!?!

This is at once fascinating and funny. Too bad it can't be published in the Tower.

Thanks for a fun read Leo.
    Nathan

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

LEOLAIA! I sent your little article to the Dawn Bible folks. [email protected]

I torment them regularly with stuff they cannot answer.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNathan

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

According to 1924's "THE WAY TO PARADISE" by W.E. Van Amburgh (Secy/Treas of the WTB&TS for 43 years):

"The Bible record is that the flood came on time, 1,656 years from the creation of Adam." (page 21)

"We stop here long enough to take a peep at the great pyramid of Gizeh in Egypt. It was built about four hundred years after the flood." (page 156)

In an article appearing in The GOLDEN AGE magazine of December 31, 1924 titled "A BIBLE FOR THE SCIENTIST" W. E. Van Amburgh writes:

"Date of Pyramid's Erection

PROFESSOR SMYTH was the first to suggest that possibly the builder had hidden in the geographical location of the Pyramid and the peculiar incline of the interior passages the secret of the date of its erection. His first calculation was 2170 B.C., but later it was revised, and has been definitely proven to be 2140 B.C.

The date 2140 B.C. was 4,065 years ago, only 332 years after the flood, 18 years before Noah died, 170 years before his son Shem died, and 20 years before Abraham was born..."

(both THE WAY TO PARADISE and A BIBLE FOR THE SCIENTIST have recently been re-published so they are available to a new generation of researchers of the Watchtower)

• onesong
    onesong

Notice what Genesis 10:5,20,31 says about Noah's sons at the end of the flood account----that they split up each with his family"according to

their tongues" (Yes I had to break out my NWT) Chapter 11 starts with a conflicting idea of the earth being of one set of words!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit