Northern CA Flooding

by lonelysheep 24 Replies latest social current

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

glad to know your high and dry - I am too - but Napa looks like it got whacked for sure - they showed a pic of one womans car floating down the road - can't wait for it to dry out! sw

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Whew..So glad you're ok!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Purza,

If you email me your pictures, I will post them for you...

J

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

My parents are in Vacaville and a lot of the rest of my family are in Petaluma and surrounding area's. They said that their backyards are completely flooded. I hope everyone on this board is okay and continues to stay okay.

Chrystal

• Purza
    Purza
    a lot of the rest of my family are in Petaluma

Small world. As long as they are not near downtown, then they are probably fine. The river runs through the downtown and it has flooded a mobile home park, but I think that is all so far. The river is tidal, and high tide was around 1 today, so the good news is the river should be going down as it approaches low tide.

Purza

• evita
    evita

Our entire garage was in about 3-4 inches of water early this morning. The street was about knee deep. It dried out quickly but we spent the whole day cleaning the mess in the garage. This is in Santa Rosa and I can't remember it flooding like this. We are sand-bagging it tonight just in case.
    Happy New Year!
    Eva

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Posting pics for Purza. I grew up on the Russian... This is pretty damn high

alt

alt

• Purza
    Purza

Thanks Jeannie.

Purza

• La Capra
    La Capra

I live in some foothills, not too near any creeks or tributaries, so me and the property is fine. I worry about the wind more. Lots of big trees around here. It's dry tonight, but come tomorrow with another big storm and another high tide, it will be pretty bad. The lower river (Gurneville area of the Russian River) was evacuated early this afternoon.

Last time the weather conspired to flood us out, I was a senior in high school and we missed school for a week, but my parents lost a car to the Napa River. (No one was in hurt. The car was parked at the dealership, awaiting service...)

Stay dry, everyone.

Shoshana

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I was born in Petaluma, so the flooding is nothing new to me. I remember the flooding in the 80's. My family is off of McDowell and aside from some water leaking into one of the windows they are safe. Thankfully!

My mom had a hard time getting home from work in Vallejo to Vacaville, she said that it was flooded in area's out by Travis Air Force Base.

I miss home, but not in the rainy season.

We got 2 inches of snow here last night!

Chrystal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit