A kindler, gentler, WTB&TS?

by FaithfulDoubter 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FaithfulDoubter
    FaithfulDoubter

Ok, I've looked 3 times now through the new study book: What the Bible REALLY teaches and I can't find 1 depection of Armageddon in it. (If I'm wrong, someone please point it out!) Is this the beginning of the Society trying to create a more loving image? Are we finally done with those scary images of Armageddon?

As a child, mostly due to the pictures in the literature, I had nightmeres all the time about dying at armageddon, because I feared I wasn't good enough to please God. Has the Society figured out that these pictures might be turning new ones off now? This is an interesting trend indeed.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It's just like that girl that I dated who was a controlling, manipulative bitch. She was nice to me when I first met her, but as time went on, the real monster came out.

Sounds like the WT is trying to make themselves look really nice with this new study "aid", but sooner or later their true colors will show. I was one of the people who could see through all the sugar-coated turds, and I didn't bite.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

After all the blunders the wts have made, they should call the new publication

What The Bible really REally REALLY Teaches vol 117

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

vol 117

LOL doofdaddy!

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings!

You know I have seen a lot of people here talk about how they had nightmares from the destruction scenes in the literature and they feared being destroyed.

Am I the only one that thought he WOULDN'T be destroyed?

those pictures made me feel bad for the ones that got killed but they never gave me nightmares about myself

-Eduardo

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Oroborus I also assumed I would make it, It did make me feel terrible for the kids in school who did not have the luck of having JW parents. I felt something was wrong with that and when I vocalized it I was told that because I was different from the other kids and had a good heart I was a JW. That was just too metaphysical for me. I believe that religious fear tactics fail in a society that prides itself on its human rights and equality. The Hellfire doctrine has slipped into the background because people sensed the arbitrary injustice in it all. Now I suppose that first step is to invest the person in the group (us) using talk of love and acceptance then afterwards discretely use the fear doctrines to furthur seggregate them from the outside, (them).

• luna2
    luna2

I don't think the WTBTS is getting kinder or more gentle. I think they are becoming more deceptive and cunning in their fishing techniques. Bait the hook with with words like "truth", "love" and "integrity, happy, happy talk, and promises of paradise....once the victim is lured in, then you can selectively and delicately discuss the slaughter of six billion people and how it really isn't as bad as it might sound.

At least in the past they were more up front about what they believed would happen at the Big A. Seems like they are moving farther and farther away from telling people (even what they believe to be) the truth. Who is their father again?

• garybuss
    garybuss

From reading the current Magazines and hearing the meeting content, I'd say it's obvious Bethel has contempt for Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Anybody watch the History Channel about "Armageddon." It was quite lengthy about different religions that believed over the years even in the fourth century that current events proved Armageddon was near. It moved forward to the 19th century, quite a bit was said about William Miller and his 1843 date, then the Seventh Day Adventists, Koresh, and others. Not a word about Jehovah's Witnesses. Must be we don't mention it much to the people on the outside, although I've heard witnesses say we are the only ones preaching Armageddon.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yeah, I'm with peacefulpete. I didn't think I was going to be destroyed, but I had nightmares all the time about WATCHING people I knew and cared about get destroyed by fire, by ice (do you know how hard a 40-pound ice chunk would hit someone?), by worms (like Herod), by drowning...jut because I thought I would survive didn't keep me from having nightmares.

Of course, after I hit puberty my nightmares included me...

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit