Does anyone remember new "shun" policy from spring 2005

by Desino 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Desino
    Desino

Do anyone remember the new policy of disassociates in relation to contact with familiy member, as mentioned in KM 2005 ? I don't recall the month.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

No, but it would explain my Grandmother's list of questions and subsequent altered behavior a few months ago. (i.e. "do you believe in God?", "are you ever ever planning on trying to be reinstated?") My negative answers to these and other like questions has resulted in less communication with my JW family.....Curious.

• blondie
    blondie

You might be thinking of how dfings and daings are now announced:

So-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Without any mention of "disfellowship" or "disassociate." Otherwise the policies are the same as to association, the official ones any way.

Blondie

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Desino, I don't know anything about a 2005 article, but here are scans of the August 2002 Kingdom Ministry speaking about shunning.

Page 1.
    Page 2.

I Hope these are of some help.
    Regards,
    Nemesis

edited to create hyperlinks and maintain the host's privacy ~ Scully

• sassafras
    sassafras

Those are excellent links, thank you for posting them.

I'm sorry this is slightly off-topic, but does anyone know what the official guidelines are for how to behave around a family member who was never baptised, but now no longer considers himself a JW?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

The Watchtower Observer Forum is still around, but it's been a little quiet lately.

http://www.kent.steinhaug.no/forum/

• glcne
    glcne

Sorry to hear about your relationship (or lack of it) with your grandmother, but lucky you on the jw's not bothering you anymore, lol. I began to quesiton a few things when I was just out of high school and "BANG" I was out of the "circle of trust" and was a better man for it. How could I have been so brainwashed,,,,,, well I let it happen. You are better off now, believe me,, you are

• garybuss
    garybuss

The information you are looking for is in the new Organized To Do Jehovah's Will book. It's the latest weasel book about how to mess up people's lives.

• Desino
    Desino

Thanks Nemesis.

The kingdom ministry from 2002 was exactly the information I needed.

• atypical
    atypical

I was just having a beer last night with one of my friends who is df'd. It came to my attention that he didn't even know about the new announcement. He laughed when I told him that they said "Atypical's buddy is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses". He thought he got off pretty good. I laughed at the fact that he was so positive about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit