Anyone live near Albany, GA?

by AuldSoul 11 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Hello,

I'm free now. By which I mean, I am no longer worried about being "found out." Does anyone here live near Albany, GA? Lurkers or posters, I would be happy to chat by PM or give other means of contact.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• mouthy
    mouthy

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!((((((HUGS)))AULDSOUL

• dinah
    dinah

Hey Auld,

I'm in Alabama. Anymore southerners here?

• FairMind
    FairMind

I actually live near Kennesaw, GA.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I live in Nashville, TN , but I am a trucker, so I get around. At the moment, I'm sitting here in a truckstop near Dalton waiting for my dinner.

Ern

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I'm free now. By which I mean, I am no longer worried about being "found out."

Congratulations, my friend

I live south of Knoxville, TN near the Great Smoky Mt. National Park.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Tallahassee, Florida is actually about 20 miles from the Georgia border and Thomasville is only about an hours drive away. I have friends who have a place in Cairo and go there almost every week. I've visited several times in Georgia and I know I've been through Albany before, but don't know what my destination actually was. What's another city near there? I've been to Thomasville (the Rose City), Cairo, Atlanta. Some of my favorite spots were Andersonville National Historic Site, Plains, where I shook hands and had my picture taken with former President and Mrs. Carter, Providence Canyon (the little Grand Canyon), Calgary (for Mule Day), Whigham(for Rattlesnake Roundup), Wild Adventure in Valdosta and some Mounds that start with a K, but don't know how to spell them. Lots of nice things to see and do in Georgia.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I don't live near Albany but I am in Georgia right outside of Atlanta near Athens. Is that far from you?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

jacksonville florida

• dinah
    dinah

Cool! Met some "homefolks" The south is great, but I think JW's in the south are more strict. Remember the bible belt thingy.

I've not found anyone on the net that I knew back in my JW days. There are so many I would like to find. Especially the others "kids" i grew up with. Kids because most of us suffer from some kind of "arrested development". I would like to find the ones who are still "in" and see what kinda shape they're in.

Part of Georgia was in my circuit, we met in Bessemer, Alabama. I met a guy from Symra (spelling?) but can't remember his name. Also, had a couple of friends from Mississippi who were in my district. Anybody here been to a district assembly in Birmingham in the 80's??

Auld, we can dialogue--I'm not apostate--at least not in the biblical sense of the word. I do tend to get pissed off at the WT, but that's neither here nor there. I can sit on my fingers and not bash. Actually all it takes is a few memories of those wonderful people to stop the bashing for me. God, talk about your classic "love-hate relationship".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit