Keep doing this in remembrance of me

by totalee 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

They are an evil satanic cult that likes to show up and reject the symbols of christs suffering once a year . It is retarded the way they do that . They created a tradition that is contrary to scripture . Judge Rutherford started with the cutting off of the 144k and thus the tradition continued despite the fact he proved to be a false prophet . It's amazing how the WTBTS will still support his dogma of a 1935 cutoff and they even started that crap back in russels day , according to them the kingdom of heavens should have wiped out all oposing governments and a paradise earth should be here . Now we are experiencing all sorts of off the cuff exsplanations for newly "anointed " ones . Jesus said flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom but the WTBTS says different , you tell me who knows better?

• freydi
    freydi

......"the "two hopes" doctrine is one of the most basic, important teachings of the WTS....it is a primary basis for their control system, as they teach that the vast majority of JWs cannot approach Christ directly but through the mediation of their organization because they are not Christians under the New Covenant. Whether or not you care for the New Covenant, the system of control is something to care about. And since the "two hopes" notion, resting as it does on the interpretation of the 144,000 and the "Great Crowd" of Revelation, is a major justification for this control." http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/96705/1.ashx

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Your kidding about the questions,............right?

• blondie
    blondie

Thanksgiving is a national holiday like the 4th of July or any country's Independence Day.

g74 2/8 p. 28 Are They Harmless Observances? ***

But what of Mother’s Day? ‘Surely it does not have roots in ancient paganism,’ someone may say. ‘Does not the Bible command children to "honor their father and mother"?’ Yes, the Bible does command children to honor, obey and respect their parents. (Eph. 6:1, 2) But nowhere does it advocate the commemoration of a special ‘Mother’s Day.’ On the origin of such observance, the Encyclopædia Britannica (1959 edition) states:

"A festival derived from the custom of mother worship in ancient Greece. Formal mother worship, with ceremonies to Cybele, or Rhea, the Great Mother of the Gods, were performed on the Ides of March throughout Asia Minor."

Regarding the adoption of Mother’s Day in the United States, the New York Times of May 10, 1953, reported:

"In spite of the popularity of Cybele, . . . and sporadic occasions honoring mothers during the Middle Ages, it was not until 1914 that the proper combination of sentimentality, idealistic promotion and hard business sense impelled the United States Congress to designate the second Sunday in May as Mother’s Day."

(father's day is mentioned in a 1956 Awake which I do not have access to...but the explanation is the same as for mother's day)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

John 6 says NOBODY has everlasting life "unless he eats my flesh and drinks my blood" so everyone should partake. Jesus said this BEFORE he made the special contract with the WBTS.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit