HOW TO THINK LIKE A FUNDY

by Reluctant Buddha 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Dave,
    I do appreciate your comments and see myself in this as well.
    Rex

• JeffT
    JeffT

And titling your thread with a derogatory generalization makes you superior how?

PS: I don't consider myself a fundamentalist.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I am sorry I didn't exclude you when I made my post Alomst Atheist. Your point about anybody being so sure of their views that they sound just like the article, no matter whether they are Copnservative or liberal, Fundie or materialist, is one I agree with.
    Forscher

• hooberus
    hooberus
    The "better than you" attitude that the article cliamed to dislike in "fundies" are also often characteristic of their critics. They start with a narrow world view (there is nothing beyond the material universe) and engage in all the fallacies and uncouth actions that they so claim to abhor in "fundies". Just look around on this forum if you don't like what I just said. Anyone who disagrees with the materialist outlook is said to be narrow minded, fanatical, uneducated, or even just plain stupid. Whenever a theist attempts to engage in dialouge, they are usually subjected to ad hominem attacks, their comments are ridiculed, or brushed-off as irrelevant. Just look at some of the comments my little post inspired for instance.

The reason many theists avoid the debate is not because they can't hold a good debate, or because its unfair, it is because they think more highly of themselves than to subject themselves to the kind of mud-slinging that passes for debate with fanatical materialists. As I said earlier, with a little reworking, the article could do quite nicely for Fanatical Materialists as well. Show me where I am wrong!

I agree

• Shining One
    Shining One

Greenie,

>The fundies obviously don't have the meek, reasonable, and tolerant spirit of true Christianity. In this they resemble the FDS of the Watchtower society.

You are talking about a straw man smear of those who believe that the Bible is inspired. Your sweeping generalization is appalling and you should be ashamed of yourself. To the politically correct, tolerance is; not standing up for what you believe in, meekness means 'spineless' and being reasonable means 'compromise your principals and don't risk offending anyone'.

You look at our savior and how He handled the Pharisees then tell me about meekness! The gospel is 'foolishness and an offense to those who are perishing'.

Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

HOW YOU DOING, NATE?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit