Do you remember?

by Honesty 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do you remember when a DF or DA announcement was made at the Hall and the brother who introduced the brother who made the announcement always got this serious look on his face just before he said, "Brother Poopdontsmell has an annoucement to make."and when Brother Poopdontsmell started down the aisle he got that serious look on his face too? It was only after I made my exit that I realised what most of the seriousness is all about especially since my former PO is so nice to me when he sees me in public.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Yep.

• Jordan
    Jordan

Remember, remember the 5th of November?

• magoo
    magoo

did you" FORGET to REMEMBER ", as I ?

magoo

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Yes, you could almost predict something like that was coming, with all the elders wearing grim faces.

I wasn't there for my da announcement, but I hear the grim faces were in evidence that night as well. Lets hope they have a lot more announcements like that in the future...... about 6 million would be nice

• Jordan
    Jordan

Oh, now you've edited it, my comment looks stupid. Well, even more stupid.

On subject, yeah, I thought it was brilliant how predictable it was, however, I did always hope they'd say "Brother Eldersomethingorother, has got an announcement to make" and then when he got up to make it, it was something silly like, "So and So's car is double parked out the front gate and blocking a resident from accessing their house, please remove your car"

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

There have been times when they have an extra announcement and it turns out to be something that was missed during the regular announcements. I love to look around and see all the dissapointed faces!

• FairMind
    FairMind

Sometimes the announcements are for deletions from MS or Elder positions and for those coming off the Pioneer list. This is a hard time for me because being naturally nosey I immediately begin speculating the reasons for the deletions. It is kinda like wondering what has happened to brother and sister so...and...so who haven't been to the KH in a while.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Brother Poopdontsmell

Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Oh, now you've edited it, my comment looks stupid. Well, even more stupid.

On subject, yeah, I thought it was brilliant how predictable it was, however, I did always hope they'd say "Brother Eldersomethingorother, has got an announcement to make" and then when he got up to make it, it was something silly like, "So and So's car is double parked out the front gate and blocking a resident from accessing their house, please remove your car"

ROFL I always hoped for an announcement to that effect, too. BTW, I had to edit it because the grammar and spelling reflected the college education I received through 15+ years of studying the AWAKE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit