Just switched to Firefox. Can't open any topics

by baltar447 18 Replies latest forum tech-support

• baltar447
    baltar447

I get this:

Bad Request

The browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not understand.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Have you tried Chrome? If not Opera or Safari?
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    I can't get this site to work in IE. I have to use Chrome.
  • Simon
    Simon
    Weird, I've tested in all those. I'll try things again (I tried FF on Mac OS X, not Windows)
  • Simon
    Simon

I've tried IE on Windows plus Chrome and FireFox on both WIndows and Mac - no problems with either.

It's possible that it's some intermediate proxy that is the problem - I'll check if there is anything that has changed recently that could have affected it (assuming it's a new issue?)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Fire Fox is good..It`s all I use..

Maybe clean your registry and ram..

• Simon
    Simon

The only possible change I can think of is the ETags that were recently updated (todo with caching). They were still valid but it's possible some badly behaved proxy server (e.g. at an ISP) didn't like something.

I've updated it to see if that impacts anything.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Simon..

I did notice a change in the last few hours on fox..

All my sentences are sucked to the extreme left..

I`ve centered this post to see if its still happening..

I cant space sentences either..

There should be a space between this Sentence and the one above..

• Simon
    Simon
    I did notice a change in the last few hours on fox..

That's something else - I'm trying to haver the system remove a lot of the superfluous spacing that some people add to their posts including multiple spacing between sentences and lines between paragraphs. Using spaces to align or centre things is just wrong - sorry!

I may need to tune some things but the aim is to improve readability on all devices. I think people forget that some may be reading on phones or tablets where the spacing can become a hindrance.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think people forget that some may be reading on phones or tablets where the spacing can become a hindrance......Simon

Some of us don`t even know the problem existed..LOL!!..

All I have is my Caveman cell phone..

I beat wild animals over the head with,when I need food..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit