What weird/strange expierence you've seen/had with a DUB?

by stillAwitness 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I remember a sister and I in service and we were lost finding the territory. Instead of making a U-turn into a church parking lot right beside us to turn back around (we were on a one-way street and cars were behind us) she refused and instead went all the way down to the end of the road, into a neighborhood, and onto someone's driveway just to turn around.

Of course Sis. BlindedbyBethel. Heaven forbid we use 'Christendom's' parking lot for our own selfish purpose. Bad little JW! Bad!

Thinking of this always makes me realize how quirky and just plain weird and obsessed the wittnesses can be.

What weird things have u seen or expierenced a witness do? Come on! I need a god laugh!

• Nina
    Nina

When the Book Study was held at my house I had a visit from a professed "annointed" "sister" and her friend, an annointed-in-training. They told me that it was Jehoover's will that I answer a certain question with a certain answer at Book Study that night, they had received a "message" from above. I wondered why Sister Annointed couldn't answer herself since she was in the same Book Study. She was conveniently absent that night but surprise!, so was I! I hid in the bedroom until the meeting was over 'cause I didn't want to get in the middle of the "Who Is Really The Faithful And Discreet Slave" battle that was obviously the source of their Holy Orders!

Nina

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

My Mom used to make me and my little sister Amy go to meetings we VERY rarely missed one. I used to sneak the keys out of her purse, ask to go to the bathroom, and slip out to the car, crank up the stereo with some "heavy metal", and smoke cigerettes when I got older.(I think I may have tried to "borrow her car" while she was in there too.) It was so much fun, but after awhile, here she came to get me, and tell my dad when he got home from work. I got a whole lot of beatings like that. I never could quite grasp how having "fun" and accepting a "challenge" was doing anything "wrong". Shouldn't my dad have praised me for being so "smart"? Or was I "hardheaded" as he told me as he was beating me?

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Nina - I'm curious how they explained the whole "annoited in training" thing. Did that question come up?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

@David

Gosh, you're story made me sad. You know, my mom is a pretty fanatical DUB but my folks never physically abused me. They more or less definetly emotionally did. Always made me feel like I was not doing enough.

We've all had our nightmares to wake up from

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Yes we have, I only hope we can help one another to find a way to be thankful for the terrible things we have gone through in our lives. When that happens, we may find love after that

• SomeGeek
    SomeGeek

I'm not a JW but a dating one who had been one since a toddler. I had this bracelet with a scripture reference on it. Just the book, chapter and verse. He saw it and noted it was nice. I asked did he want me to tell him what it said. He agreed. I did; I said the Book, chapter, verse and paraphrase the scripture for clarity. He reponce was I never heard of that guy. He thought it was a rapper and seemed shocked that there was a book in bible named that.

And if your wondering....no it wasn't some obscure book, not a popular one thou. Still I thought the notation would have been a clue.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I knew a sister who read the Daily Text like you or I (if we were so inclined) would read our hororscope. She would wake up early and consult the daily text to try and garner any hidden messages from Jehovah, perhaps an answer to a prayer, or a warning. I thought it was so funny, b/c if you had told her this was a form of divinitions, (by the wts standards) she would have called you a liar.

weds

• geevee
    geevee

Out on the preach and the "elder" i was with dared a born again to speak in tongues as she had the HS. She did and at the time it was kind of freaky, Should've gone back later, would've save a lot of time if she had got me!!

• geevee
    geevee

Another one: There is a doofus elder, who has to always be seen to be doing the "right thing". He wont even walk down the side of the street that has the local picture theatre, as he doesn't want anyone to assume that he has been to the movies!!! Weirdo..!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit