We saw her first!

by ozziepost 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's weird I know, but you know that Queen's Christmas message that is broadcast on Xmas Day?

Well today (Xmas day) we were speaking on the phone with a friend in the UK and Mrs Ozzie happened to mention what the Queen said in her speech.

To our surprise, our UK friend said she didn't know about it as it hadn't yet been shown on their TV.

Then it occurred to us, that because we're 10 hours ahead of the UK, we get to see the pre-recorded message first!

It seems ironic that this land, where at least half of the population are calling for Australia to become a republic, get to receive Her Maj's message even before the land where she rules!

Fascinating, eh?

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's an interesting point Ozzie, but since you live in Perth and New Zealand is 5 hours ahead of you in time, perhaps they got to hear her speech before you did.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    you live in Perth

PERTH????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• z
    z

We going to be next in line lol…….. we slow here

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ozzie is from Perth? Nooooooo...I don't think so. If so, my Xmas card went to the wrong place...

Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

I must have mixed up Ozzie's place of residence with someone else's, he probably lives in the other side of Australia, Sidney or Melbourne perhaps, three hours behind New Zealand time.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Jeff:

It arrived here in Bethel territory safe and sound. A beautiful thought. Thanks.

I hope the postman was as kind with mine to your neck of the woods! Remember it's gotta go uphill from us on the underneath of the world!

Truly a worldwide brotherhood!

Cheers,

Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

greengoblin:

Try Bethel!

• gumby
    gumby

Ozmeister ....you Perthite you! I din't send out Christmas cards cuz I'm a lazy bastard.....

....so here's an online one for you and your wife from me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

^ Merry Christmas Ozzies!

^ ^

^ ^

^ ^

^ <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• wombat
    wombat

As Greendawn says...you live in "Sidney".

Mate, you've just gotta feel sorry for Her Majesty. Every year she has to give this speech. And she has such a dysfunctional family. Remember her "Annus Horribolus" a few years ago. In Latin it means a bad year but it sure sounded like a bad case of piles to most Australians.

But back to your subject of our receiving the Queen's Speech before her own loyal subjects in England. That is fascinating news.

Our international date line is great fun. I email a mate in the States every New Year's Eve to tell him that it is next year here and that Armageddon didn't happen. Maybe this year I will give him a scare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit