Anybody doing Kwanzaa?

by AlmostAtheist 9 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Zach bought a Blue's Clues book for Sierra. In it, Joe and Blue head over to all their friend's houses to enjoy the holidays with them. They start with Christmas, then Chanuka [hon-uh-ku, you know what I mean], and also Kwanzaa. It looks pretty cool.

Any of you good folks celebrate Kwanzaa?

How do you do it?

Dave

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    How do you do it?

That was going to be MY question.

-Aude.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

http://www.officialkwanzaawebsite.org/

I'll be off reading some of this...

-Aude.

• Honesty
    Honesty

No, but I knew an elder and his wife who always cooked food for the Kwanza festival and attended here in Tennessee.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

We never celebrated Kwanzaa, only Christmas. My neighbors/friends did though, and always invited everyone from our church over for dinner. Good soul/southern food They would read something pertaining to the day (Umoja, Imani, etc) before hand, and light the appropriate candle. (Get the combo name, Kwanzakah!?) No gifts were given. It was always fun being together with everyone.

• Tigerman
  • SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

coooool
    thx for adding the link aude_

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I'm holding out for earth day.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Thanks for the link and personal experiences, y'all!

Dave

• simplesally
    simplesally

I made this last year in honor of kwanzaa:

African Green Pepper And Spinach

1 med Onion; chopped 1 med Green pepper; chopped 1 tbs Oil 1 med Tomato; chopped 1 lb Fresh spinach; stems removed 3/4 tsp Salt 1/8 tsp Pepper 1/4 c Peanut butter

Cook and stir onion and green pepper in oil in 3 quart saucepan until onion is tender. Add tomato and spinach. Cover and simmer until spinach is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and peanut butter. Heat just until hot.

Yield: 4 servings

It was delicious. Yes, the peanut butter really was great. I was surprised and my guests loved it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit