Could JWD be part of bible prophecy?

by JH 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I was just wondering if there is a verse in the bible that points out what JWD is doing as far as exposing the Watchtower false prophet?

• metatron
    metatron

Read about the final years of Solomon's reign - Jehovah "raised up resisters" to harass corrupt Israel.

metatron

• ballistic
    ballistic

Of course, if one was as pompous and haughty as the brooklyn leaders were when they were imprisoned in 1918, you might think so.

• luna2
    luna2

The WTS had no trouble twisting all sorts of scriptures around to fit themselves. I'm sure JWD could do the same.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I beat you to it luna.

• luna2
    luna2

LOL! So you did, ballistic. I get things posted sooooo slooooow here at work. Dang people, don't they know I'm busy!

• Cellist
    Cellist

This could be fun! How about Joel 3:9-11"Proclaim this, you people, among the nations, Sanctify war! Arouse the powerful men! Let them draw near! Let them come up, all the men of war! Beat your plowshare into swords and your pruning shears into lances. As for the weak one, let him say: "I am a powerful man." Lend your aid and come, all you nations round about and collect yourselves together.

To that place, O Jehovah, bring your powerful ones down. etc, etc, etc.

Cellist

• a Christian
    a Christian
    That could be.
    Concerning events which would take place at "the time of the end" in Daniel 12 an angel predicted the following:
    3 "Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. 4 "But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the time of the end; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase."

The Internet has certainly 'increased the knowlege' of many and, by exposing the lies of the Watchtower, helped "lead many to righteousness."

• cheezy
    cheezy

Let's see....the Holy Bible as a sort of National Enquirer for the ages, only in code?

Cripes - didn't we leave off that kind of thinking when we left the borg? Its a ding-dang BIG world out there, boys and girls, and we, WTS, and even JWD are but a miniscule speck of flotsam on the rear-end of a gnat with 5 minutes to live.

Thanks for today's laugh!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'll have to think about that one. I can think of a few that describe the wts very well though. 1Corinthians 4:18,19 springs to mind :

18 Some of you have become arrogant, as if I were not coming to you. 19 But I will come to you very soon, if the Lord is willing, and then I will find out not only how these arrogant people are talking, but what power they have

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit