The Toes of the Image...

by drew sagan 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

All right, here it is. A few weeks ago some visiting speakers wife gave a comment that almost made me want to hurl. These people are know for having "goods" in the form of info passed along from people at bethel. Anyway, I guess one of these bethel guys have been saying in their talks that we are so deep into the end of this system that in relation to the Giant image related in the book of Daniel, we are now not simply in the peroid of time represented by the feet, WE ARE IN ITS TOES!

This totally made me shake my head as to why "True" Christians would have to be consumed with such absurd hype.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

No doubt, that was followed by a loud communal 'gasp' within the congregation... lol

"Where else can we get such deep spiritual truths, brothers, except in God's organization?" *Congregation nods like a bunch of bobble-heads in the rear window of a Chrysler le'Baron...*

• luna2
    luna2

Morons! We should be in the toenails by now for sure cuz the end is ever so close...just around that elusive corner that we should reach any second now.

I'm so glad I don't have to listen to comments like that any more. Just thinking about sitting there in the KH for a Watchtower study where you have to listen to people read the answers out of the paragraph and make stupid, smarmy, toe of the fake statue answers causes a wave of exasperation and ennui to wash over me.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yes our BOE and CO's were declaring that same thing 2 years ago when I was still attending meetings. Must be some pretty long toes hey?

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

of course, toenails never stop growing, so once they get there, there is no limit.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I think blondie found a quote from a 1955 WT saying the same thing. edited to add the actual quote:

*** w81 5/15 p. 27 Have Faith in the Kingdom! ***

Where are we, then, in the stream of time? At the conclusion of verse 43 there is no more "image" left. We have come down to the very "toes"! We are living in that time when the development of man-made government reaches its sorry end. The climax of the ages is upon us! Daniel has told us what to expect. Yes, Christ’s kingdom that is to rule all peoples, the "stone" cut out of the "mountain" of Jehovah’s universal sovereignty, is about to hurl itself at the feet of the terrible image, toppling and demolishing the entire structure of oppressive man-rule. That will mark the "time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time." But it will be followed swiftly by the most wonderful period of all human history, Christ’s 1,000-year reign. Can any true Christian sit apathetically and placidly watch events at this "time of the end" without being moved to support the Kingdom government? Now is the time to show whose side we are on, Jehovah’s or Satan’s!—Dan. 2:44, 45; 7:14; 12:1, 4.

• luna2
    luna2
    of course, toenails never stop growing, so once they get there, there is no limit

Ooooh Noooooo! LOL

• JH
    JH
    WE ARE IN ITS TOES!

Now that stinks !!!!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I think they meant toe cheese.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    This totally made me shake my head as to why "True" Christians would have to be consumed with such absurd hype.

[like Villager #3 (John Cleese) in Holy Grail: Scene 5—'Burn the witch!']

B-...-'cause they're made of...wood?

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit