Identity Cards

by Mysterious 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Did you hate them as much as I did? I always tried so hard in school to make sure that no one saw it. It tries so hard to be unobtrusive on the front, but how embarassing in high school if people think you have some kind of "lost child" card on you. Even worse if they connect it to JW things.

I hated always having to have it in my backpack, in my wallet, or wear a fanny pack when I went skiing just to make sure it was always with me. I had friends whose parents sewed them into their jackets.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Did you have something against 'Big Brother' ?

-Aude.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I had something against being a religious freak if that's what you mean. And carrying those cards was a hassle .

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

hey im just glad i never needed a blood transfusion as a child... i could have been dead for something i no longer believe in...

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yeah I was embarrassed about them. Hey it was bad enough being hassled for being different. It just gave kids further ammunition when you had the identity card in your wallet. I wouldn't get my wallet out (the card had to be displayed in the clear window) at school because I was scared of being ridiculed more than I already was.

Bloody WTBTS.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

As paranoid as the JWs are about the blood issue, I'm surprised they didn't have us surgically attach them to our bodies somewhere, or at least tattoo them on our kids!

Mrs R

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Of course let's all be sure not to take more than one so that we don't waste what has been lovingly provided for us =P You would think that they would want their kids to be protected and if mom or dad needed to carry an extra card that would make sense. Of course anything to squeeze an extra donation out. I shredded that card first when I left.

• blondie
    blondie

They didn't have those cards when I was growing up. I was trained through to know my name, my address, my phone number and the first names of my parents. Actually, around this area the parents are very lax about ID of any kind.

Blondie

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Did they also drill you in the no blood scriptures the way my mom did? She was paranoid a judge would rule me a "major minor" and separate me from her and question me on the blood doctrine.

Has the wording on these cards changed at all with the new adult cards I wonder?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, my mother didn't drill us much on any scriptures. Around here I don't think many JW children are. Mysterious, I think your mom probably is quite intense about things. That can be good and it can be bad, especially in the WT world. Actually what happens more is that JWs around here are very lax in training their children (per the WTS anyway). Family studies are not conducted even by elders and MS. Many JW adults couldn't say a scripture about blood if they suddenly had to.

It's hard being perceived as a weirdo in school. I was glad we moved alot.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit