Sunset Pic's

by jeanniebeanz 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I have always been fascinated with sunsets, but rarely get a good pic. This was taken the night that Rita hit Houston and was the best sunset pic I have ever taken.

I thought I'd share it. Do you have sunset or sunrise pics that turned out good?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Watch out, Jeannie. That beautiful picture of yours will likely be on the front cover of an Awake or WT in a few months.

• kls
    kls

Beautiful Mrs Beanz ,thanks for sharing

• serendipity
    serendipity

That's a great pic, Jeannie! I guess the old ditty doesn't hold true: "Red in the morning, sailors take warning, red at night is a sailor's delight."

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Argh... I'd have a fit if they used 'my' sunset to sell their crap...

It did turn out nice though, didn't it? Can you see the outer rings of the hurricane? There are two in the pic...

Glad you liked it, Prettymonkeychick... Serendipity, you are sure right about that. That evening was pretty scary... J

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm into astro photography... here is a pic of the sun that I took.

The pic was taken with a special filter, otherwise the sun would be far too bright to look at with a telescope. The spots on the sun are, well, Sun Spots... basically areas on the surface of the sun that are cooler than the rest of the surface. They are caused by strong magnetic fields.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Great pic, jeannie. If i can get to see one like that, i'm in heaven.

S the pagan

• serendipity
    serendipity

That's a hot pic, elsewhere.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thass cool, elswhere.

S

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Wow, Elsie... great pic!! Do you have any lunar pics?

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit