The 'Message" is spread into 700 languages...SO WHAT??? Big Deal!

by stuckinarut2 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You know how the org goes on and on about how the "preaching work" takes place in so many languages by the website?

They also trumpet the fact that witnesses are in "sooooo many lands and nations"......

So what!

Just because the message is spread far and wide, does not mean the CONTENT of the message is correct or of value.

Take the example of Coca-Cola or Mcdonalds.... These products are in nearly every nation around the world....but does that mean they are beneficial or healthy? No!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I remember, back in the 1970s, having a collection of 60 some Truth books each in a different language. I believe there were over a 100 translations that the Watchtower had. I tossed them after my disfellowshipping.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

You're analogy??

I'm Lovin' it!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Not to mention the fact that translating it into Hindi doesn't actually do anything significant to reach the billion or so in india that will never see it.
  • steve2
    steve2

Speaking of ongoing changes and adjustments in teachings: What is the chief difference between an apostate and a Witness?

The apostate tosses out the Watchtower literature a good 12-to-18 months before the Witness does.

Timing is everything.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The 'Message" is spread into 700 languages.

Image result for i cant believe its not butter

• steve2
    steve2

A falsehood in one language remains a falsehood if translated into another language - although when a falsehood has been translated into at least 600 languages, a miracle occurs: The falsehood is transformed into the truth.

600 languages is good, 700 excellent; the truth has been established beyond doubt.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

That's great, 700 languages but to date there are roughly 6500

spoken languages in the world. However about 2000 of those languages

have fewer than 1000 speakers.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Steve2! You crack me up! Great comments!
  • Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

700 languages in 4hundred odd countries. Whats the growth? around 250000 ayear? Out of which 90 percent are born-ins. So 2500 approx. caught by the bird catchers.In 400 odd countries . That gives them approx 7 per country. The God Mews is gonna take a long long time to meow 7 billion people. Hey tight pants GB you gotta hustle. You got a lot of preaching left to do. You sure suck as bid catchers. Switch to fly swatting!!

That is a hell of a poor ratio - 700 lingos for less than 2500 bimbos?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit