Welcome To Paradise

by fairchild 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Panda
    Panda

Ditto on the Twilight zone thing. It's like the one where all of the lights went out in a town and the people thought it would be permanently dark ... until the sun rose the next morning... amazing what you can get people to believe.

• Panda
    Panda

OOPS!!! I forgot to add ... really fun story. As xJWs we were all anticipating the attire and eventual appearance of "the briefcase"... LOL

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

WOW... this this such a good story... i'm dying to read a sequel.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thank you again for the comments. While I was at work tonight, I was thinking about my revision of this. I have a few ideas.. I should have time to work on this some more tomorrow.

robhic, thank you so much. I will change it in the revision. I am always grateful when people point out errors.

dorayakii, after I am done with the revision, I will think of a sequel. I have the whole week off and will have plenty of time to write.

• robhic
    robhic

I think a re-write, a sequel or a whole series (dependent on your time) would be wonderfully entertaining. Your original is excellent. It truly is on a par with something like the older, black & white (the good ones...) Twilight Zone episodes.

I can just hear Rod Serling now: "Imagine, if you will, a couple of folks -- they could be your neighbors -- going down a dark tunnel of fear and deceit as they try to get away from a life-stealing dark force. This is something you will only find in .... the Twilight Zone." [cue Twlight Zone music]

Robert

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thanks for coming back, Robert.

The revision should be done in a couple of hours and my head is buzzing with ideas for a sequel. I can't wait to write it all down. And yes, I have PLENTY of time.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

That DOES read like a story idea for a dystopian "1984" type film. I suggest that the two leads be played by Scarlett Johannsen and Ewan McGregor, the two actors who were in "The Island" (but others might be acceptable).

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Wow Fairchild you smarty pants! I LOVED IT!!!

Keep on writing. I agree it would make an intriguing television series!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Makes a person stop and think...it also brings back a lot of memories! Loved it!

Swalker

• bebu
    bebu

Great allegory!

This has a lot of potential in any medium (book, tv, etc.). Calling such a suffocating place "Paradise" is the kind of thing the Twilight Zone (as mentioned) would have done.

(I just get so mad at you for being so eloquent in a language that isn't even your first!! Well, at least you are using your 'creative powers' for good... )

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit