We don't baptize children, do we?

by Kent 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Excellent point! And he had a career first as a carpenter....interesting...he didn't start his preaching work until after he had spent years working so he knew how the common man really had to struggle to get by.

When I was in my early 20s I lamented to another JW friend that I was envious of a mutual friend of ours that had been accepted to Bethel. She said, "You know, having someone pick up after you, fix all your meals and do your laundry does not prepare you for the real world." Good point! She is still a JW, but had many good points like that.

• Kent
    Kent
    It doesn't necessarily bother me to see kids get baptised, around 11 or 12 and up, depending on the kid's maturity.

Well, it does bother me, and it should bother the Norwegian authorities. This because it's actually forbidden by law!

Tha baptizm in the Jehovah's Witlesses isn't just a baptizm - it's a life long commitment - and according to Norwegian law, nobody are allowed to give such an oath before the age of 18!

But what the hell. The Witchpower Libel & Crackpot Society of Transylvania never gave a shit about "secular law" - did they?

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey
    "It's her desire to do her Father's will," said Arthur Malpie, a spokesman for the denomination from Metairie, La.

This is TOO wierd. I *knew* Arthur Malpie --- HE asked ME the first "questions for baptism"!!! When I was, like, 13 or 14! (infinitely more experienced than said youth ;)

SpiderMonkey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit