The JW position on blood is NOT scripturally correct

by GetBusyLiving 6 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

For any that have not read the essay by Ray Franz on the JW blood doctrine, here it is from his book "In Search of Christian Freedom".

http://www.commentarypress.com/eng-search-ch9-01.html
    GBL

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Thank you! That is just awesome. Now if only I could find a way to make my dad read that article....

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Lily,

Slip it into his morning tea...

Just an idea.

AuldSoul

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hehe, good idea...now for a way to make words disolvable into liquid....

But you know...perhaps if I made my mother a copy and ask her to leave it carelessly on a table when he`s alone, with strategicaly underlined phrases...just maybe, curiosity might be too strong

• Mary
    Mary

Exactly.........just ask any Orthodox Jew about their interpretation of the commandment God gave Noah about "eating blood." Not one of them interpret eating the blood of a dead animal the same as accepting a blood transfusion from a live human being in order to save another human life as anything even remotely similar. Hell, not even the Ultra-Orthodox Jew interprets it that way............I guess Rutherford had had one too many bathtub gins when he made the decision on that one. Stupid idiot.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    Blood transfusions, however, are not the result of the killing of either animals or humans, the blood coming from a living donor who continues to live. Rather than representing someone’s death, such blood is employed for the very opposite purpose, namely the preservation of life. This is said, not to pronounce blood transfusions as a desirable practice or as having unquestionable propriety, but simply to show that there is no real connnection or true parallel between the Genesis mandate regarding slaying and then eating the blood of the animal slain, and the use of blood in a transfusion. The parallel is simply not there.

Thanks for that link, the entire article is a real eye opener.

You may have just saved someone's life.

YC

• GetBusyLiving

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit