Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-18-05 WT Study (Hosea part 1)

by blondie 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-18-05 WT Study (November 15, 2005 issue)(WALK)(Abbreviated)

Review comments will be in red

WT material from today's WT will be in black

Quotes from other sources will be in blue

w = Watchtower

g = Awake

www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/

www.silentlambs.org

www.ajwrb.org

http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

HOSEA’S PROPHECY HELPS US TO WALK WITH GOD

"After Jehovah they will walk."—Hosea 11:10

Opening Comments

This is a three-part series using the OT book of Hosea to teach Christians to walk with God, totally disregarding again the scriptures regarding walking with Jesus.

I will be traveling and so will do an abbreviated review. If any posters have the complete scanned copy and can post it here, please do.

START OF ARTICLE

Paragraphs 1-2

The Bible book of Hosea contains a symbolic drama.* (*A symbolic drama is presented at Galations 4:21-26. Concerning it, see Volume 2, pages 693-4, of Insight on the Scriptures, published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.)

I thought Jehovah’s Witnesses were preachers of the good news not book publishers?

Figurative marrage that Jehovah contracted with ancient Israel

Remember that the WTS says that only the 144,000 are picture by Israel; ask yourself where the great crowd fit in this drama.

Millions are pursuing a course

--- only JWs, but not just 144,000(?)

What an Overview Reveals

Paragraphs 3,4

Spiritual adultery, God would be merciful to them if they repented.

Hosea…wife, Gomer…apparently had two illegitimate children…took her back

How many brothers do you know that would take back their adulterous wife? Women are told to stay with an abusive husband, but how often are husbands?

Apparently

a word meaning the Bible does not say and the WTS is going to add to the Bible.

Hold an accounting

will God hold an accounting against the WTS for their association with the UN for 10 years, in a non-governmental organization supporting the goals of the UN?

The Drama Unfolds

Paragraphs 5-9

"Go," God commanded Hosea, "take to yourself a wife of fornication and children of fornication."

I wonder how he determined if this woman was a fornicator? Note: only adulteresses were executed, fornicating women were sold by their fathers to the man that had deflowered them, either willingly or unwillingly.

Against those practicing immorality

practicing means more than once in WTS judicial lingo.

When Hosea married Gomer, she evidently was a virgin

Evidently— the Bible does not say but the WTS will add to the Bible account

Was Hosea a virgin when he married Gomer?

"husbandly owner"yes, women were property in Bible times and could be sold for 50 pieces of money. They could not own property, because property cannot own property. When a man with multiple wives died, his wives transferred over to the ownership of the oldest son.

*** Insight (it) Volume-1 p. 815 Father ***

In Bible times the father usually arranged for the marriage of his children. If he came into dire financial straits, he could sell his daughter into slavery, with certain restrictions for her protection.—Ex 21:7.

*** it-1 pp. 1162-1163 Husband ***

A man would betroth a woman or contract for future marriage by paying her father or guardians the bride-price, or purchase money. (Ex 22:16, 17) She then became his property. (Ex 20:17) The word ba´`al, meaning "owner, master," applied to him, and the woman was called be`u·lah´, meaning "owned as a wife." (Ge 20:3; De 22:22; Isa 62:4)

How did Israel come to prostitute herself?

How did the WTS come to prostitute herself?

With Nazi Germany in 1934

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/nazi_conciliation.htm

With Bulgaria in 1997

http://www.pnc.com.au/~fichrist/bulgaria.html

With the UN from 1991 to 2001

http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Jehovah’s Legal Case Against Israel

Paragraphs 9-11

Gomer left Hosea and became "a wife of fornication," living adulterously with another man.

Fornication = adultery; but adulteresses were to be executed under the Law, not fornicators though.

Ten-tribe kingdom caused to end in 740 B.C.E.

Were all these Israelites false worshippers? If not, why were they faithful ones punished?

Destroyed by Babylonians in 607 B.C.E.

No proof presented, not references even to other WTS publications discussing it; will any JW question it; how many JWs even can explain it?

Was the figurative marriage with him (God) done away with in 33 or 36 C.E.?

Jehovah Admonishes Israel

Paragraphs 12,13

Return to my husband the first one—how is that possible when the Law says that adulteresses should be put to death?

740 BCE— any proof presented for this date? No.

Another Look at the Drama

Paragraphs 14-16

Go once again, love a woman loved by a companion and committing adultery…Hosea complied…by repurchasing Gomer from the man with whom she had been living.

I wondered how much he paid?

Gomer responded to the discipline…firmly admonished

Is that another way of saying verbally abused?

He (God) fulfilled that promise in 537 B.C.E.— NO PROOF

I will make them dwell in down in security (Hosea 2:18)

This prophecy also had a fulfillment in 1919 C.E., when the remnant of spiritual Israel was freed from "Babylon the Great."

NO PROOF. And the WTS was still celebrating birthdays, Christmas, using the cross in worship, emblazoned on the cover of the WT, using pyramidology to calculated Bible prophecy until 1936.

Remnant…with the companions, who hope to live forever on earth— CARROT

True Christians—only JWs, actually really only the 144,000

Take the Lessons to Heart

Paragraphs 17-22

God’s willingness to extend mercy to repentant Israelites

Comforting to repentant wrongdoers

They can repent and turn around. If they do Jehovah welcomes them.

Who determines repentance in the WTS organization?

*** w91 4/15 p. 21 Imitate God’s Mercy Today ***

When elders then meet with him, they will try to determine whether he has repented and left his sinful course.

How can I better imitate Jehovah

Aren’t we following Christ and imitating him?

If a fellow Christian (only JW) who has offended me asks for forgiveness, am I as ready to forgive as God is?

Translation: The elders won’t be asking for forgiveness; they’re imperfect you know.

*** w98 5/15 p. 18 The Quality of Your Faith—Tested Now ***

Furthermore, in each local congregation, there are men appointed to take the lead. They are imperfect men whose faults we may readily see; yet we are urged to respect such overseers and to be submissive. (Hebrews 13:7, 17) Do you at times find that challenging? Is this really a test for you? If so, are you benefiting from this test of your faith?

Fulfillment of that promise, in 537 BCE—NO PROOF

Reject apostasy…apostate leaders were a trap and a net for the Israelites

As the leaders in the WTS are

Please him— please the WTS

Walk with God— where is Jesus?

Concluding Comments

This is only the first of 3 articles on Hosea.

Learn what the WTS believes is true repentance, and don’t be crying crocodile tears.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Christmas is zooming up and then New Year’s. And then it will be 2006 and we will have successfully finished a "prophetic" year of 2005, 1935 + 70 years.

Love, Blondie
  • bother_forever
    bother_forever
    And then it will be 2006 and we will have successfully finished a "prophetic" year of 2005, 1935 + 70 years.

Classic. lmao

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Well put together blondie!

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, bother and cyberdyne.

As boring WT articles go, from 1 to 10, this is a -1. And 2 more to go. JWs will think they actually studied the book of Hosea rather than the WT.

Blondie

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you Blondie!

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Thanx for your work, Blondie. I look forward to this every week!

• yesidid
    yesidid

Dear Blondie

I too look forward to your reviews. But that one really was valley of dry bones stuff. How did you stay to the end?

I do admire your tenacity. I would have given that one up at paragraph 2.

Thanks again and again and again.

yesidid

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

THANK YOU BLONDIE, I always look forward to studying my magazines together with your review , it makes the BS stand out so much better!

THANKS!

IC

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have a bunch of notes on this study, boring though it is. Perhaps it is my state of mind, but I found paragraph 14 useful for a bit of foreplay with my huband. I begged him to "firmly admonish" me so that I could "responded to the discipline" so we could have "renewed marital relations".

Regarding Hosea's relationship with Gomer, the WTBTS helpfully fills in the blanks. Para 2 Hosea apparently lived in Isreal, Para 3 Gomer apparently had two illegitimate children, in Para 7 Gomer was evidently a virgin when Hosea married her, and Gomer's second and third children were probably conceived in adultery(Para 8). Why does "My Name is Earl" come to mind?

Any extension of Hosea's prophecy to this day is stretched beyond recognition. "Worldly" people are equated to "wild beasts" in paragraph 16. "The Jewish remnant who returned to their homeland lived in security, with nothing to fear from wild animals...."Animalistic traits do not exist among these true Christians." And there is a shot at apostacy in paragraph 22. "Apostate leaders were a trap and a net for the Isrealites, enticing them to practice idolatry."

I did extend my study from one paragraph on the Knowledge of God, paragraph 20. As usual, the JW's reduce "Knowledge of God" to regular study and review of Watchtower materials. I did a word study on the "Knowledge of God" and this is what I found. The G and H numbers are strong's references to the Hebrew and Greek texts.

Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

"Knowledge of God"

Knowing what God wants is to know God.

Old Testament - knowledge of the law of God and obeying it, knowing God's ways.

New Testament - knowing God, and by understanding His nature, becoming ever more like Him.

Want Knowledge

Numbers 24:16 (H1847) - Balaam's prophecy to future seekers, those who see clearly.

Proverbs 2:5 (H1847) - Seekers again, with a promise.

Romans 11:33 (G1108) - God is beyond knowing in a scientific way, lifetime occupation.

2 Corinthians 4:6, 10:5 (G1108) God is, whether we search for Him or not.

Ephesians 4:13 (G1922) discernment, recognition of Christ.

Colossians 1:9, 10 (G1922) discernment, recognition of God's will.

2 Peter 1:2, 3 (G1922) Knowing God and Jesus leads to a life of godliness.

Don't want Knowledge

Job 21:14 (H1847) - the wicked don't want to know God's ways

Psalm 53:4 (H3045) - no "sight"

Psalm 73:11 (H1844, from H3045) - naysayers suggesting God cannot be known.

Romans 1:28 (G1922) - ungodly, unrighteous men do not recognize God.

1 Corinthians 15:34 (G2192, G56) hold on to ignorance.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thanks, Blondie!

jgnat: LOL @ I have a bunch of notes on this study, boring though it is. Perhaps it is my state of mind, but I found paragraph 14 useful for a bit of foreplay with my huband. I begged him to "firmly admonish" me so that I could "responded to the discipline" so we could have "renewed marital relations".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit