which actor could play Russel, and which actor could play Rutherford?

by boy@crossroads 23 Replies latest jw friends

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

I was just curious. If ever somone would make a film based on the conception of the jw religion. which actors would be chosen?

I thought it would be interesting to see a film explore how rutherford changed the bible students.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

For Russell, Toby MacGuire (people don't realize how young Russell was when he started) and for Rutherford, John Malkovich. -Eduardo

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Will Farrell for Russell.

Chevy Chase for Rutherford.

Jim Belushi for Nathan H. Knorr.

David Spade for Fred Franz.

Nina

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, Me!!

• stev
    stev

Judge Rutherford

Here is an actor that could play Rutherford. Paul Sorvino. He played the TV preacher in the movie Oh,God! with John Denver and George Burns. He also has starred in gangster movies. He is tall and heavy-set, with an imposing physical presence, and capable of a violent temper.

Steve

• stev
    stev

Charles Taze Russell

Pastor Russell holding the world

Charlton Heston as Charles Taze Russell.

• stev
    stev

Maria Russell

Anne Baxter as Maria Russell.

AB: Oh, Moses, Moses! Why of all men did I fall in love with the prince of fools? Why must you deny me and yourself?

CH: Because I am bound to a God, and to a people, and to a shepherd girl.

AB: A shepherd girl? What can she be to you unless the desert sun has dulled your senses.

Does she grate garlic on her skin or is it soft as mine? Are her lips chafed and dry as the desert sand or are they moist and red like a pomegranate? Is it the fragrance of myrrh that scents her hair or is it the odor of sheep?

CH: There is a beauty beyond the senses, Nefretiri.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    Here is an actor that could play Rutherford. Paul Sorvino...

Add to the fact that his ex-wife studied with the witnesses for a few years (in the mid 70's) and is still in contact with many of them.

I know this because I used to babysit his 2 daughters.

-Aude.

• stev
    stev

Van Amburgh, Secy/Treasurer of the Society

Leon Trotsky as Van Amburgh

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

John Cleese as Russell and Rowan Atkinson as Rutherford..................I'd watch it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit