You Can Have True Faith - Oct 1, 2001 WT

by MrMoe 12 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Any comments on the latest Watchtower? Just got it in the mail today. It discusses your faith, true faith, lost faith and to follow the bible. I also the topic on the "Prodigal Child" and another article on "What Does it Mean to Be Loyal?," and last but not least he back page discussing hte palm tree and producing good "fruits." What are your comments?

• Winston
    Winston

MrMoe,

I still get my suscription but I don't read them any more usaully I just toss'em in the garbage.

When I get home tonite I'll see if mine came yet and take a look and see what I can make fun of.

Former elder turned apostate (by WT definition)[:)}and proud of it!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi,

Since I've been out over a year, I don't get the subscription any more. I don't want the elders to, ahem, "visit" me when it's renewal time....

But I have a comment on the title "Prodigal Child". I assume that refers to Jesus' parable of the child who wasted his inheritance, and later came to his senses and came home.

The father threw a big celebration for this son, and he welcomed him home IMMEDIATELY without reservations.

How unlike the way the Witnesses treat those who wish to come back after they left or were dismissed! If you want to come back, you have to sit at meetings, like an outcast, for months or even years. Then upon reinstatement, what's the chance they'll really welcome you back? In reality, you're marked for years, maybe for life.

So the way that the parable applies to JW's, is that they're like the older brother who grumbled that his younger brother was "reinstated" to the family.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Winston
    Winston

Gopher,

I'm gonna use that, thanks.

Former elder turned apostate (by WT definition)[:)}and proud of it!

• Francois
    Francois

Good for you Winston.

And for the WTBTS Governing Body, this scripture:

"Have you faith? Have it unto yourself."

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• nakedheartpoet
    nakedheartpoet

Gopher- As one who suffered from the punishment of being DF'd my experience was quite different. while I was out of the Org. I accepted death in case the world would end on me. But when I attempted to be reinstated, though it seemed impossible to me, the elders of the Cong I was attending while DF'd really in an unusual way worked to reinstate me even though they had to call to another state where I was originally DF'd. That same Cong I was attending warmly comforted me upon the anouncement. Hm, PROFOUND!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Poet,

I'm somewhat impressed that you were so warmly welcomed back. I wonder (if I was Fredhall, I'd say "I wander"....) I wonder if it was because you were in a new hall. Perhaps the 'welcome back' may not have been the same in the old congregation (just a guess).

But it sounds like they 'love bombed' you in the new congregation, much like they would a new convert (until some time goes by and they find out that the new person has flaws too).

Or you may have found an exceptionally loving congregation. Some do exist.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

nakedheartpoet,

Well as you know there are exceptions to every rule.

This is the first time I've see your post, welcome.

Are you still a active Witness?

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Ok, does the WT accept people back lovingly? No - At 19 I was Df'd for getting pregant out of wedlock. I felt so bad and not about getting caught. If I didn't wanna get caught I could have "done things," but I didn't. I faced the music and "confessed to the elders. When the judged me and told me I was not repentant, they were totally out of line. They did not know the circumstances and hurt me so badly I can never even begin to describe the hurt I went through. Jehovah forgave me, why didn't they? Over a year later I was reinstated, after my 3rd letter. So, how may I ask is that anyhitng liek the prodigle's son? I asked to return not 1 time, but 4 times, and they finally welcomed me "with open arms." But even after I was reinstated, I was treated like a disease, and my daughter was treated by SOME as a bastard. You know what I say? That is NOT LOVE. I will always cry when I think of that day. I hate to say it, but I will never be good enough to forgive them. The PO who was chairman still won't speak to me. I even went to him once when a family member was dying and he walked away. Prodigle's son? More like they are picking at the straw in my eye...

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

MrMoe,

Sorry to hear about your experence with the Borg. I hope you make some go freinds here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit