No, It's not BIG news

by ApagaLaLuz 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I'm sorry, I do not see this as being BIG news. The ties to the UN, yes that was huge for me. The child abuse, yes, even bigger. I Do not see this No-Blood news as a big deal. Someone please show to me how they misrepresented this via ACTUAL Biblical teachings??? Do that and I will appologize for this post.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I've explained it to you no less than 4 times on Slip's. You said you might be too drunk tonight to understand. You must be. Go to bed, try it again in the morning. This is getting tiresome.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

AgapaLaLuz,
    This article does not attempt to look at the Watchtower's interpretation of scripture. It is a 38-page review of the Blood brochure, which will document how the Society misrepresented secular facts. If large-scale misrepresentation is present, this could open the way for legal action. At the very least, it should give unbelieving parents another tool when involved in court battles over blood for a minor.
    It's not particularly surprising that the Society has misrepresented secular sources. They have brazenly done that in their "science" books for years. In this case, however, the misrepresentation was on a topic that affects the actual health and well-being of citizens, and their ability to make informed decisions. So the government could have an interest in penalizing the Society.
    It will be interesting to see the full article. I believe that should be available on the university web site (http://www3.baylor.edu/Church_State/jcs_recent_issues.htm) tomorrow.
    SNG

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I've explained it to you no less than 4 times on Slip's. You said you might be too drunk tonight to understand. You must be. Go to bed, try it again in the morning. This is getting tiresome Odrade, don't patronize me. BTW, it was only twice.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I wonder if this might fall into the same category as trying to prove medical malpractice. I had a situation arise a few years ago, where a group of doctors thought I had a very good chance of winning a medical malpractice lawsuit. I went to the Best Lawyers in the state that only pursued these types of cases. They informed me that I had to prove "intent." Did these drs. intentionally make this bad decision? Drs. know a Lot more about medicine than the WTS and the answer was NO.

With the WTS...maybe a question that will have to asked is if they intentionally misrepresented information in order to harm members? There are so many questions that will come up as regards the basis of the information that they put out there. One thing that most of the pamphlets state is that this information needs to be discussed with your doctor and you are encouraged to give the doctors this information. The HLC's constantly meet with medical staff to be sure they are on the same page...a lot of work goes into that. What will the courts see when information is presented to them showing that the WTS is trying to work with the medical community? Is the legal community aware that HLC's have established working relationships with many hospitals?

Many have already stated that really this is not a medical issue as the WTS has maintained for years but rather a Bible based issue. I can see so much spin the WTS can put on this already and you can be sure they haven't been putting all those guys through law school for nothing.

Swalker

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

SWALKER,

Good point. It is hard to fault an organization that says, "Oh my God! We f'ed up BIG TIME! People died because of this, we are SOOOOOO sorry."

Intent to deceive is pretty easy to establish when the deceit is in the the form of misapplication of quotes when the source of the quotes was available at the time the deceit occurred.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Respectfully, A.S., when you get in a courtroom, intent is one of the hardest things to prove!!! I have sat in many courtroom cases and my mouth has dropped open so many times in what I thought was an open and shut case. The legal process is a very complicated one as you well know.

Swalker

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Swalker, I absolutely agree with you. INTENT, especially intent to deceive.Or motive rather. Last thing I could be called is a JW appologist. BUT, besides a non-JW parent who was affected, I don't see this making much of an impact as implied before. If someone could provide me the proof that the JWs deceived their believers based on the misrepresentation of SECULAR info, I would kindly shut up. The verbage from a "blood card" is a great place to start. My appologies I no longer have mine, I burned it years ago. Please let me say I mean no disrespect to Barbara at all. I think she and her associates are GREAT people, pioneers in the true sense of the word. I just don't see this as a "toppling" announcement.

• bisous
    bisous

Apaga- did you retrieve a copy of the entire document from the Baylor website and examine it? The excerpts refer specifically to misrepresentation of secular info - if you were to read the essay in its entirety perhaps the detailed information you are seeking would be found.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Apaga...I feel the same way. I've said many times how much I appreciate all the people that have stuck their neck out in exposing the "truth." I have been an activist in trying to get the information out about the U.N., child abuse, and even helped with candlelight vigils. I wish this had a bigger punch but hope that down the line it will help all those who have suffered because of deception. I hate to see so many people get their hopes up this early in the game that a class action lawsuit may soon be on the horizon.

One poster is already giving his old mother a hard time in the hospital and trying to force her to change her stance on the blood issue. This is what I so hoped would not happen...she deserves his support at this particular time, not pushing this issue. He is talking about filing a lawsuit if anything happens to her using this info...when in reality he needs to make sure his actions don't kill her.

My mother is 80 and left the JW teachings behind 5 years ago. However, it is her wish not to have a blood transfusion and that is her right as a citizen of this country. I will respect her wishes, no matter what my opinions are. I love her very much and can't imagine what life will be like without her in it. She knows that she can trust me to carry out her medical directives.

I recently asked both my grown sons whether they would want a blood transfusion should they ever need it. One said "no" and the other said "hook me up!" I will also abide by their wishes.

I love Freedom....free at last, free at last to choose whatever we want!!!!!

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit