a parable has a fullfillment? and, is there now no faithful slave?

by sowhatnow 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

does a parable have a fulfillment? lol, I thought only prophesy had fulfillment. march 15 2015 wt.

after the previous articles and questions from the readers, where the writers try to explain that

'humans cannot know which bible accounts are shadows of things to come and which are not, [pg18 bottom] and we aught to be reluctant to assign an anti typical application to a certain person or account if there is no specific basis for doing so'

they then go on to say, in the next article

march 11'2015 wt study article page 22 par 19

'what about in this time of the end when the parable of the talents finds its fulfillment'

and in paragraph 11 where they are guessing, again....

'he was evidently referring to the time when he will come to execute judgment at the end of this system'

[and in 14 where it says 'This salve showed a bad spirit, for he deliberately worked against the masters interests'

I dont know where that assumption came from.]

and then the real interesting piece of info,

the photo on page 24

'former explanation:

in 1919 jesus rewarded his anointed slaves on earth by entrusting them with increased responsibility'

'adjusted [love that word lol] explanation:

when Christ comes in the future he will reward his faithful anointed slaves by raising them to heaven.

now, this means that the faithful slave has not been chosen? and Jesus still hasn't come?

and the 1919 teaching that was 'new light' is now not light but a lie?

wow.

paragraph 15 : in this context it is reasonable to conclude that in the illustration of the talents.....

oh full of these words again.... evidently reasonable to conclude, obviously,

• rebel8
    rebel8

Fulfilling a parable. I wonder how stupid it can get.

Maybe next they will start interpreting the patterns the toothpaste makes when you spit it in the sink after brushing. The number of tiny bubbles will fulfill a prophecy.

• smiddy
    smiddy

All of this reasoning just flies way over the head of your average witness , and you point it out to them and that stare , glazed look in their eyes .

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

(Matthew 7:5) . . .Hypocrite! First remove the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to remove the straw from your brother’s eye.

I can't wait to see some poor Witness walking into the Kingdom Hall and asking for help to pull this out of his eye!

What a prophecy - sorry, parable!

• CharlieSmith1975
    CharlieSmith1975

Actually, it's the same story. Jesus fulfills everything. Jesus is the true "faithful slave." When Christ comes he does what is commanded and kicks out the unfaithful, meaning the false slave. So the true "faithful slave" is Jesus himself and the "evil slave" is the WTS.

Who really is the FDS? Jesus.

Who really is the Evil Slave? The WTS.

Since you asked.

• Splash
    Splash

The March 2015 WT is restating what it put in the July 2013 WT.

The F&DS were chosen in 1919, but in accord with the Mt 24 account they will not be rewarded until later. There are two different 'appointings', one past and one future:

(Matthew 24:45-47) “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings."

What I find interesting are the multiple identities given to the 'slave' in this illustration:

Verse 45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?" This is the 8 man (currently) Governing Body.

Verse 46 - 47 "Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings." This is all of the 144,000 anointed.

Verse 48 “But if ever that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,. . .' ". This is a fictional slave that does not and will not exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit