Beware of PC WORLD

by Sam the Man 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Hi everyone, just thought Id tell you about my recent troubles with this scumbag retail monster. I brought a printer and it has just gone faulty on me, but it was a few days after the 28 days that PC World say I am entitled to take the product back. They told me that I was not able to take the item back, and that I would have to call Cannon and get them to come out and sort it. I knew this wasn't right, as UK law states that I am within my rights 6 months after purchase to take the item back... and after numerous calls to PC World, fighting with very unhelpful staff, I finally got the truth - I could take it back to the store. So I took it back to the store armed with this info and I got fobbed off again. This time I was arguing with the manager for one hour, causing a scene with many onlookers. I wasnt to take this sitting down. However, PC world offered a 'solution' - they would ring cannon to get it fixed. After all that, it wasnt worth my while. Piss poor customer service, beware of buying from PC World, they will not refund you if your product goes faulty after 28 days. AVOID!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Is this a UK thing? I remember other threads as well where people were having problems dealing with the stores over there!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I came across the same thing with Best Buy here in the US. If you have a product that malfunctions you cannot return it and instead you must ship it off to the manufacturer your self and wait 6 to 8 weeks for a refurbished product to be shipped back to you.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Yes, unfortunately UK sucks. PC World are slime.

• glitter
    glitter

Piss poor customer service, beware of buying from PC World

I've been warned sufficiently by reputation and others' experience that I've never bought more than the odd PC game from them. I wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole for hardware: local independant retailers are almost always best in customer service and value.

• VM44
    VM44

Here in the US, "PC World" is the name of a magazine, which is sort of like a smaller version of the UK magazine "PC Plus", but not as technical. --VM44

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Thank goodness for John Lewis.

• glitter
    glitter

^ Agreed.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Comet is pretty much the same too, even you want to take something broken back the day after buying it.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Yeah, its all part of the same scumbag group. These people make millions and yet they refuse to refund us on relatively small cash sums?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit