Lords evening meal/last supper

by cyberdyne systems 101 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

in Gods theocratic system everyone would be on the same page....so to speak..what's to rule over, really?

Scripture says...he who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him....he who eats this bread will live forever. (John 6)

Now, if you don't take the bread and wine, there would be less people to "rule" in Gods kingdom.

just what I figger!

michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

HO! Everyone that thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen diligently to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in abundance. Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you--the sure mercies of David. (Isaiah 55:1-3)

love michelle

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    blondie posted some info on a 96 publication that did say something to the effect that the great crowd can be filled with holy spirit

No problem with that, I only objected to the word "anointed".

"Filled with Yhwh's Spirit" being an OT expression, it is not really critical in JW understanding. Reminds me that the few discussions I had with my JW father after I was df'd almost always ended with his telling me: "You don't understand anymore, because you have lost Jehovah's spirit." (=> I used to have "it")

I really don't think the women in the first century were in the kings and priests class

Why?

. My belief is that only those that die as martyrs can be considered worthy of the co - rulership position anyway . It's apparent in the first century the belief was that if you died of old age or natural causes it was because you had sinned . IMO
    Perhaps too sweeping a statement. Persecutions being sporadic in time and space, on the whole "martyrs" were the exception, not the rule. Also, I believe the kingly / priestly metaphors in the NT are used in a diversity of ways which doesn't allow for a systematic doctrine of "classes". Sometimes they seem to apply to the apostles only (e.g; the synoptic sayings), sometimes to all believers (Paul, Pastorals, 1 Peter).
  • heathen
    heathen

Narkissos--- After reading the new testament in it's entirety , especially the apostle Paul writings , it just doesn't seem plausible . There are too many restrictions put on women that don't apply to men . He did say women would be "saved" throught , faith , child bearing and sanctification , provided they had soundness of mind . He did not say they would rule with christ . Believe me I did get into arguments over the issue with the local dubs , what a waste of time that was . Even revelation talks about men exclusively when it says ," these are the ones that did not defile themselves with women , in fact they are virgins." Did not defile themselves with women equates with what jesus said about many will make themselves eunichs over the kingdom , now I don't think women can make themselves eunich . BTW they had no real good exsplanation for that scripture . I do believe there is a difference between the 144k and the great crowd .

As far as the martyr part , revelation is clear that the ones with rulership reward are indeed put to death by the ax for bearing witness to jesus . I don't buy the WTBTS exsplanation on that one either as they believe they only die as to the world . Give me a friggen break here ......... revelation 20:4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit