Why is it only a JW can do a good deed?

by Bumble Bee 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My hubby recently went above and beyond the call of duty at work. The person involved called his supervisor and let him know how appreciative she was, supervisor emailed hubby with the info and thanked him for what he did as well.

My hubby was really happy with the thanks he got for doing this. While having dinner with his family he showed them a copy of the email and expained what he did. His family right away said it was because he was a JW (they live in another city and are unaware of the extent of his "fade"), that only a JW would be so honest etc, etc, etc , brings praise to Jehovah etc. Little do they know that no one at work knows of his JW background.

It was all I could do to bite my tounge during this! It was if no one that wasn't a JW could do anything good for another human.

BB

• Scully
    Scully

The WTS has done such a good job of painting everyone outside the organization with an appallingly negative stereotype that JWs don't even consider that a good deed done by a non-JW to be of any merit at all. There is always the underlying assumption that they are motivated by greed, or a desire for recognition, or some other negative trait, because it is simply not possible, in the eyes of the average JW, for a Worldly Person™ to be nice just for the sake of being nice.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Too bad the JWs didn't see who was out offering fresh water and support to those fleeing NYC on 9/11.

Too bad they didn't get to see the WTS draw the curtains and lock the gates as people streamed past headquarters on their way to the bridge.

I guess they also don't comprehend the thousands of people who helped out during the floods in the US.

They have been so programmed to believe the world does nothing to really help people

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

About 10 years ago I was driving as a passager in a car with a MS JW 'friend' at the wheel, we got into the subject of women ..surprise!..surprise!.. and cutting to the chase, he said that all worldly girls are Whores, I was shocked, I told him that there are many girls who have strong morals and who aren't even christains yet alone JW's but he wouldn't accept it. So I asked him "you mean to say, that if a girl isn't a JW then she must be a whore?" he said YES. My apologies and sympathies to all the good and decent yuong ladies out there. P.S. This same MS JW got removed as an MS some time later for suggesting to other younger male JW's to go to a brothel with him, but he learnt to 'walk the walk and talk the talk' and about 3 years later he was reinstated as an MS and he is an Elder, I still know of him.

• JAVA
    JAVA

God's people know they are the only ones worthy of living forever for knowing the secret code “I’m a Jehov** Witness” (if I tell you I’ll have to kill you). Everyone else will be killed because they don’t know the secret code. It’s like the biblical Tree of Knowledge but in reverse (that’s because we’re living in AD not BC). The world is black or white, and if you don’t understand this fact you’ll die because it’s impossible to do good without knowing the secret code. This is the answer to the thread question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit