Stupid things JW's say: Todays stupid phrase "young ones"

by Check_Your_Premises 14 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I hate that phrase "young ones"! It always reminded me of Beldar and the Coneheads on Sat. Night Live!

metatron

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

LOL Wiegel!

I always think of that British show 'The Young Ones' with the four housemates; a punk rocker, a make out artist, a hippy and a jerk. That was the funniest show...at least it was at the time.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I remember a DC when the speaker used the term "youths" over and over and over. Only he pronounced it "utes" - and I just kept looking around for the tribe of Indians he was talking about! God it was just too funny - and lots of the friends made fun of it.

S4

• knothead34
    knothead34

my sis said the one that really has aggravated me almost from the beginning. "it helps us to appreciate..." That drives me CRAZY. there's one lady who uses it so much that i've renamed her "miss appreciation".

another thing that bugs me is their writing style. Looking over some older watchtowers, I noticed that they always seem to put "other sheep" in quotation marks(just like I just did). Don't know why that bugs me, but it does. just say the other sheep and be done with it. I don't remember the bible putting it in quotation marks.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Knothead, along the same lines, I'm pretty sure they always capitalize the words "Faithful and Discreet Slave" even though there were no capital letters in the Greek alphabet that the Bible was written in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit