Awesome Movie

by onesong 18 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

Elsewhere, to chalk it all up to "psycho babble" you certainly seem to know a lot about it. It reminds me of the catch phrase "higher criticism"

I don't know if any of it is true, certainly the theory you lean to has merit as well. Isn't the important thing to just keep considering everything and understanding that no one is going to be (nor needs to be) right? We stop growing the minute we think we've found "the answer".

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My intention is not to come across as mean. I just hate to see a TV program propose ideas that are blatantly wrong and then watch as people buy them "hook, line and sinker".

I just LOVE experiencing and enjoying the 'possibilities'.

The problem with the show is that most of the ideas they proposed are not possible… that’s why my panties are in such a bunch.

• onesong
    onesong

Boxers or briefs?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Actually I prefer Boxer-Briefs.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"BUT DAMN! Let people have their own experiences and the joys that comes to them through those experiences without throwing a wet blanket on it."

I'm sorry to throw a wet-blanket on anything here. But Onesong mentioned in the first post that this movie offers a theory on life. At the same time, they admit the science of quantum physics is ever-changing and their understanding of it is far from complete. I don't believe it is a good idea to form a theory for life based on the interpretations of an incomplete science explained by alternative doctors and scientists. The movie does try the self-effacing approach, but it still purports to be more than entertainment.

• onesong
    onesong

Cool, me too.

100 years ago going to the moon was impossible, so was flying around the world, watching a football game a world away ect. ect.

• onesong
    onesong

What complete science does explain life?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"What complete science does explain life?"

Exactly. True science will never attempt to offer a theory on life and how we should live it.

• LDH
    LDH

Ten minutes into this movie, I had snot and soda flying out of my nose from laughing so hard.

It should be placed in the Science Fiction section. If it's watched as such, GREAT!

People want to get all wrapped up in "higher thought processes" and "religion"--

Rather than spend time dwelling on possibilities (I like to call this 'day dreaming') -- why not step it up a notch with reality?

Try living your life according to these principles (below). You can't show me how adding God or Religion into the mix would make one's life better.

"Of the things we think, say or do:

1. Is it the TRUTH?

2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?

3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?

4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

FYI this is the Rotary Organization's "Four Way Test."

http://www.rotary.org

Lisa

Has her hands full with Reality, Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit