Fist Post

by drew sagan 33 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

First post Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I've followed this site for a while, but never have contributed before. I kinda feel like it now. Today my personalized google desktop gave me my "quote for the day". It's from author Tom Wolfe: "A cult is a religion with no political power." I thought that was interesting. I was baptized in 1999. Did not grow up a Witness, but was invited by a friend in my mid teens. Have associated with the congregation heavly since then. I currently attend the meetings, more for the sake of keeping my family togeather at the moment. It takes time to make things happen I suppose. I've found this board very informative for current news regarding the organization. I especially enjoyed the elders school notes. I'll throw in what I can when I've got the time. Thanks guys. -drew

• myself
    myself

Welcome Drew!!!

Nice to meeet you. Looking forward to your posts.

• z
    z

Welcome !!!!!!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome !!!!!!!!! Yes Drew we certainly do.. So your attending to keep the family together. Do watch it because the more you listen to their teaching the more of your mind it captures. I know--- I was a devoted one & would have died for the Organization -I do hope you have a good strong mind on your head & can think independently -forbidden by the ELDERS!!! ( I am the Granny on board so what I advice might sound preachy ( You know Grannies( smile)

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hey ya there Drew!

Welcome aboard!

I don't envy your situation at all.... It can't be easy trying to keep your family unit together and be in the position you are in.

Keep posting. We love to hear updates but experiences are always enoyed as well.

• Confession
    Confession

Drew, you are part of an extraordinary trend among those associated with the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. You are beginning to use your head. Welcome, brother.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Drew

• ackack
    ackack

Welcome Drew

ackack

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Drew,

I love seeing more and more Witnesses like you here at JWD. Welcome. I was you at one time.

S4

PS I understand the Sagan part. He was a great influence. But the Drew?

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Hi Drew!

Welcome to the board!

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit