The Meaning of Life. Or, The Really True Truth (Honest!)

by Nate Merit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

The meaning of life is to give life meaning, just as the purpose of life is to give life purpose.

See page 666, paragraph 13, section 8, line 7 of your Official Earthsuit Owner's Manual.

Nate
    "Gee whiz and golly!"

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Yup.

S4

• lime05
    lime05
    The meaning of life is to give life ;meaning, just as the purpose of life is to give life purpose.

I presume when they say 'life' they mean all life not just human life. So what meaning to life is an ant or spider who crawls around on the earth only to be stamped to death by a human meant to give exactly.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

in the words of the great James Taylor

"the meaning of life is enjoying the passing of time. any fool can do it....."

freedomlover

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i like your meaning nate. do you ever lend it out? it makes me happy to be alive...

... na, i'm just tripping right now man. ha jesus was just petting my beard a few seconds ago... ha

ha ya!~ james taylor.......... because i'm gone to carolina in my mind.....

meaning for meaning. check.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Whew, that's it? They should post this in maternity wards so that new borns would get it isntantly and not be worried w looking for it for decades. Gumby will be happy to learn this. He'll get so contented, we'll never hear from him again, just a splif toking bump on a log from here on.

S finally found meaning and porpoise class

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello Lime

I mean human life. I merely ass-umed (something I should never do) that it would be understood. Since human life has no objecrtive meaning or purpose, we must decide our meaning and purpose at all levels and in all facets.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Indeed Freedomlover.

Nebulous Nate the Reprobate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi TS

Whomever owns this board has restricted my posts to twenty-five in a 48 hour period, and 1 topic in a 48 hour period. A not-so-subtle hint to vamoose. So I am being careful in my replies so I dont run out quickly.

You wrote:

like your meaning nate. do you ever lend it out? it makes me happy to be alive...

(It makes me feel very free as well, though like anyone I deal with my heredity and environment)

... na, i'm just tripping right now man. ha jesus was just petting my beard a few seconds ago... ha

(Jesus was showing me how to remove bent nails from boards a few moments ago)

meaning for meaning. check.As the great Zenmaster Bodhidharma once said:

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello Satanus

Your wrote:

"Whew, that's it? They should post this in maternity wards so that new borns would get it isntantly and not be worried w looking for it for decades. Gumby will be happy to learn this. He'll get so contented, we'll never hear from him again, just a splif toking bump on a log from here on.

S finally found meaning and porpoise class"

I think that's an excellent suggestion, especialy now with the new Lamaze Prebirth Reading Method. www.lamaze.org/

Thirty years of research and experimentation has finally produced a method by which infants can be born with the rudiments of reading already part of the hard-wiring of the brain. The program involves an intensive regimen of tapes or CD's to be played to the unborn child, but at a frequency level that oscillates between 5 hertz and .3 hertz, or below the threshold of human hearing. The low frequency sets up a sympathetic vibration in the neurotransmitter receptors which then develop an "instinctive" set of electrochemical responses response when confronted by the same stimulii in printed form. In other words, after birth, the child already "knows" the material and it's simply a matter of bringing the appropriate sections of the brain "online" rather than actually having to learn, or encode this information afresh. Children as young as nine months are reading on a third grade level with a commensurate vocabulary.

Dr Freidrich Mueller of the Max Planck Institute, working in conjunction with a grant from Lamaze, is soon to go public with not just this information, but with the entire program itself. It's expected to revolutionize learning, because this method can also be used (to a lesser degree of success) once the child has been born, to learn other materials such as writing and mathematics and other difficult but fundamental building blocks of learning.

Nate

Not. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit