who are this lot ?

by stan livedeath 17 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    george--there was a link on one of the UK xj fb sites.  thats where i copied it from
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Oh dear, another Reformation. The Protestant Reformation was about let's get back to what the Bible really said. So these guys want to get back to what Russell really said. What can you say. I dunno, how about let's just use our own brains instead. 

Stan - people's popular front of Judea LOL. What have the Romans done for us?

• steve2
    steve2

Religious delusions come in a very wide range of colors and hues. You can only shake your head in astonishment at the ease with which there are often several suckers for every and every single one of those colors and hues and frequently, several millions.

Ron Hubbard, the science-fiction writer who founded Scientology was once quoted as saying that creating a religion is one of the easiest things you could ever do. It brings to mind the old saying, "The world wants to be deceived".

• stan livedeath
  • St George of England
    St George of England

george--there was a link on one of the UK xj fb sites.  thats where i copied it from

Stan  -  I don't use fb and the only people that know I am a JW AND know my personal e-mail address are other JW's and there's only a handful of those!  I think someone in my congregation maybe sowing seeds....

George

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ stan livedeath:

"just out of idle curiosity--how many russell offshoot religions are there still going ?  i dont think the WTS would lay claim to him any more."

By the way, I forget which one of the Bible Students organization I got it from but I purchased the bound volumes of the Watchtower from the beginning to 1916 (When Russell died.) as well as the Dawn series of the latest edition. 

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

@ Simon:

The Bible Students reject what Rutherford taught completely. I have been studying with them for about 4 months, but have no plans of "consecration" (baptism) anytime soon. They are extremely nice folks. And, a lot of their biblical explanations make a lot of sense. I guess you would really have to get a background as to what they believe, because it is WAY different than JW's beliefs.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It could be the Popular People's Front??  I'll say this, the Bible Students seem sincere and less dogmatic. It's sadly all for naught. Jehovah thought-form loves the drama!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit