DOES GOD HAVE PERSONALITY-BASED ON MOVIE:BRUCE ALMIGHTY

by stillAwitness 4 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Bruce Almighty- the whole premise of the movie is that the majority of the things we ask God for are things that we ourselves can look into our own hearts and make happen for ourselves.

I debated this movie with a friend. He insists that God wants us to pray to him no matter what it is and that the scenes in the movie showing Jim Carrey being overwhelmed by all the "prayers" being asked of him is false. That God more than welcomes our prayers no matter what.

So I wonder, is this true? Do you think God ever gets overwhelmed by our prayers and that may be why it may take longer for them to be ansewred? But he's Almighty God right???! So what is his motive in making us wait? Is there a waiting list established in heaven we don't know about????

And I liked the whole role of Morgan Freeman playing God and actually having a personality and dare I say? A sense of humor?!

Do you think God has a personality or is he a 'Jealous, raging God' like the WT makes us believe?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I liked the idea of Morgan Freeman playing God. A much better image that George Burns

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

An old expression:

"Pray in one hand, and sh-- in the other. See which one fills up faster."

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

LOVE THAT ONE!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I would say that deities are a creation of the mind, and simply reflect that mind. In other words: our God, is what we make it.

alt

Now, our true Source, which the mind and it's interpretations, thoughts and gods exist within, is another matter.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit