GB

by peggy 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peggy
    peggy

Are the members of the GB common knowledge amongst the RF? I actually never knew the names until I came upon JWD, but are those members mentioned in the publications and is it only apostates that know about the two new members of the GB, cause I mentioned it to an active JW friend last night and she had no idea and wondered where I got that information. I told her I couldn't remember where I read that. Is there some mag or book I could point it out in? She was surprised at the the new members ages.

Peg

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It was announced by our CO -so it is fairly common knowledge - plus all the bethel families worldwide know about them

• peggy
    peggy

So nothing in print for the JW's, just word of mouth?

• IronGland
    IronGland

I knew the names of the more prominent GB members when I was a JW. Franz, Henschel, Jaracz and one other, that friendly looking old bald guy.

• peggy
    peggy

btt------No print material?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I recall the odd article now and then that mentioned the GB members by name. And the Proclaimers book listed them all at the time. They don't keep them a secret, but they don't trot them out all that often, either.

Maybe it's better to keep them sort of shadowy? I remember JW's mentioning to me -- excitedly -- that they saw Brother Whoever on the GB when they toured Bethel. It was a treat, like seeing a blimp or a 4-leaf-clover. I guess if they were more open it would seem so exciting. In that a sense, a little secrecy probably plays in their favor. edited to add: Here's two articles that mention a few GB members, but I couldn't find a list on their websites: http://www.jw-media.org/region/global/english/releases/educational/020101.htm http://www.jw-media.org/region/global/english/releases/events/050512.htm

Dave

• peggy
    peggy

So I'm not supposed to know about the two new GB's am I? I mean I am certainly not in the center of the Org. I am an inactive witness, yet I knew this info, only because I come to this site. My friend asked me how I knew, I couldn't tell her the truth where I found this out. I used to hate it when ones would come back from bethel and brag about meeting and talking with members of the GB. Especially when it was one particular elder. He acted like he talked to JC himself! Anyway, I'll need to be more careful in the future about the inside info I know. LOL

Peg

• Honesty
    Honesty
    In that a sense, a little secrecy probably plays in their favor. Dave

Dave, I would be a bit secretive too if I was responsible for policies that ruined thousands upon thousands of lives.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Dave, I would be a bit secretive too if I was responsible for policies that ruined thousands upon thousands of lives.

If only that were the reason! They seem PROUD to show the ruination they visit on people. Articles on kids that died from lack of blood, family members shunned, people giving up good jobs to become telephone sanitizers... Praise Jah!

Dave

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Wikipedia has what I believe is a current list of GB members-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organizational_structure_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses#The_Governing_Body_of_Jehovah.27s_Witnesses

It's down a ways on that page. I didn't spend a lot of time looking, but when I did some searching the only lists I could find were on "apostate" or ministry sites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit