When you were a witness, did you ever feel that you were persecuted?

by MsMcDucket 8 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

From what going on with my daughters, I'd say they are the ones that's trying to persecute me. Their actions are making me want to take repercussions against them (take my car back, phone, etc...). I'm sure if and when I do these things they will say that they are being persecuted.

I asked them to go pick up their nephew today (He's only four. We, my husband and I, babysit him while his mother works.) because we were running late. I just asked them to pick him up from my sister-in-law's house and bring him over to the our house so that my youngest daughter could watch him until we got home. They had the nerve to say that their nephew wasn't their responsibility and that they had something else to do (probably go to a meeting or something).

While witnesses, I just wonder how much stuff that we brought on ourselves.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I was

As a boy, there was a group of older lads that would pick on me and other witnesses - called themselves 'Jewbashers'

They would only start as a group - individually, I would get my revenge, and it was sweeeeeeet! I had many of them begging - don't know what for, but retribution came in the form of my fists!!!

Bull!

• luna2
    luna2

Persecution is such a nice word. As a JW, you can blame all of your troubles on it. "Satan is sure persecuting me...just because I didn't pay my rent for three months (because I only have a part time job so I can pioneer), my landlord is trying to evict me!!!!"

I can remember feeling that Satan was throwing stumbling blocks in the way of my getting baptised. I should have allowed myself to get stumbled and then gotten up and run in the opposite direction.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    As a JW, you can blame all of your troubles on it.

Many times...many times...persecution always came that way....Get the $%@^ outta my yard, Oh! Persecution!...Music teacher to class: If there are any Jehovah Witnesses you can go to room #_____instead of the pep-rally(to avoid National Anthem)...Oh! Persecution!

It was there under every bush and rock. Behind every door and around every corner, it lurked, ready to pounce. Looking back I think if I had ever suffered any real persecution I would have folded like a wet card board box. What I went through was nothing compared to what Witnesses endured in other countries because of the Tower. Can anybody say Malawi?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

never even the slightest bit persecuted did I feel

• blondie
    blondie

By persecuted, do you mean was I singled out for physical abuse because of my religious background.

Yes, on 2 separate occasions. Without going into details, each time the person was a bully and this was a convenient excuse. So perhaps it wasn't just because I was a JW. The bruises were just as real. I was a shy, quiet girl in my school days, never talked about the Bible unless specifically asked and then only tactful, brief responses.

Blondie

• serendipity
    serendipity

I was frequently taunted by kids from age 9-13. I loved to argue scriptural points with them because most of the kids couldn't support their beliefs from the Bible, while I could quote scriptures left and right. I brought a lot of attention to myself because I was a know-it-all and I told the kids they'd be destroyed at Armageddon.

When I was in the 4th grade, I would bring tracts to school. Evidently someone complained because the Vice principal called me to his office and told me to quit doing that. "If we let one religion distribute tracts, all religions will want to distribute tracts and that would disrupt school." Evidently, he told the teachers to watch me. One day, I was going to take my Bible to lunch and the teacher told me to put it away. I said, "I can't read my Bible at lunch?" She said no. I told my Mom, who did nothing about it. Good thing she wasn't a zealous JW who wanted to fight over this.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I can honestly say I was. There was a family that lived up the block that absolutely hated witnesses, would sic their dogs on them when they entered the yard. But we (our family) knew this and avoided that situation. However their kids were bullies and would always yell and scream names at us and throw rocks. We couldn't walk that way home from school without fear that they would hurt us. Went on for years. The only thing they had against us was the religion because we didn't even know them.

Sherry

• oldflame
    oldflame

Well I was told while out in field service by the elder that was studing with me that I would not make a good husband because I was on disability and only made a $1,000.00 a month rather than thousands. I could'nt understand why he would say that to me considering that there were already many men in the congregation that had wives making the bread. That had really pissed me off and was part of my leaving the society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit