Please help me with the forum

by Simon 67 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Alan,

You noted:

Why then, did he lie on the witness stand in the Judge's behalf? He said that it was because he had no place outside of Bethel to go.

This scenario is so common now that it is a globally tragic issue. Few people who enter/entered Bethel ever expect/expected to be entrapped there for too long, as of course Armaggedon would soon come along to liberate them.

WTS beliefs are a cobbled together collection of band-aid theology. Held together with a mixture of wishful thinking and emotional laziness and designed just to pull the bleeding patient through the next few years until the real doctor comes along to operate. It has not stood the test of time but is being dragged by the scruff of the neck into the mainstream of Christianity. The 'glimpses of light' showered upon the Satanic forces of Christendom one thousand years ago, are finally being seen by 'Gods Channel' and presented to the minions as their own 'glimpse', of their own 'light', a fraudulent misrepresenation. The years go by, each year 'Waiting on Godot', then the decades, and the long-stay inmates peer out bleakly from their little lives, still hoping, still waiting. I spoke recently with a Bethel longtimer in a European Branch who admitted to me 20 years ago that he wanted to leave but felt there was no-where for him to go. Single, plain-looking, of average intellect, but with a wonderful heart, he had no escape. He is now a very sad old man, trying to make sense of the chronicle of a his wasted life. I shed tears for him on my rainy drive home and frankly hoped that death would visit him sooner rather than later. There are many like him.

HS

• waiting
    waiting

Damn, HS,

That's a tough one to read - and I suspect pathetically true.

waiting

ps - You show exceptional writing ability, however.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Obviously I've missed alot in the week I've been gone, but just for the record:

Ah, the volatile FRIDAY! Very black and white is our Yadirf, however I do have some respect for him because there is some real humour lurking in many of his posts, I loved the way that he "courted" VeniceIT so amorously.

I'm the one that "courts" Venice so amorously!!

Slipnslidemaster: "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
    - Henry Ford

• somebody
    somebody

Simon,

I get upset about flaming posts, but I'm sure a lot of other people do too. It goes along with the territory.

Not all disagreements serve a good purpose, but some do.

I think you've done a wonderful job here and I like it just the way it is.

peace,
    somebody

• Escargot
    Escargot

Well, how about this:

1: Start a new "Forum" where “anything goes” as to remarks and such, with the warning that if you open it, read it, respond to it, you get what you deserve.

2. Explain to all that other current Forums will NOT tolerate violations.

3. Give all a clean slate to start over, with the new rules in place

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

• Moxy
    Moxy

how about slashdot style moderation where posts that are considered appropriate can be moderated down a level where most people wont see them unless they choose to? its not censorship cuz the posts are still there. if you dont want to waste your time with them, then dont.

actually slashdot moderation is incredibly more sophisticated than just that, with peer moderation and merit-based reward or 'karma.' comments can get moderated up or down.

mox

• soylibre
    soylibre

This amazes me......Yadirf is supposed to be MR. FAITHFUL JW....but he's fighting to be able to post with APOSTATES!!!!! If he's so faithful.....why the hell was he even posting here to begin with???? Would someone please answer this question?????

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

I am amazed at most who post wanting Friday banned for good. I may be wrong, but one of the things most talked about on this forum is how unloving the act of disfellowshipping is. Yet here we are, in the main advocating the same thing. Certain posters even resort to acrimony to describe just how bad Friday was and why he had to go. That basic Witness reflex/instinct of excommunicating "trouble makers" seems to have left its mark on most on this board.

For reasons of fairness, Friday's account should be reactivated. He may spew vitriol, but he is merely one of so many doing so on this forum. Except the rules (if indeed there are) are applied across the board, they should not be applied at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit