Have you seen My Mother. By Bryan McGlothin

by AK - Jeff 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wow. What a book. Wifey ordered it and I cannot put it down now.

I'll admit to be one of those 'sensitive guys' at times. I challange anyone of you 'macho' types to not have to grab the tissues a few times in this one. I might be wrong - but it will jerk your heart around some.

Bryan if your reading this - Thanx for writing that book.

Jeff

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Jeff I think everyone who has read it has the same reaction - powerful

• hubert
    hubert

I read it, and agree that it is a very powerful true story.

Jeff, when you are done with Byan's book, get "The Truth Book", by Joy Castro. This is another powerful true story. Both books are excellent reading material, and shows just how the W.T. can and does affect families with their cult teachings and shows how some people in the Borg take advantage of it, and use it to rule and dictate to their liking.

Hubert

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Had just ordered this today, guess I wont be disappointed.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Jeff, when you are done with Byan's book, get "The Truth Book", by Joy Castro.

Hubert - I have Joy's book - but to be honest, I could not get into it. I read maybe the first chapter or two and it seemed artsy and aloof. Should I give it another try? Does it get down to earth after you get into it a ways?

Jeff

• Bryan
    Bryan

Thanks everyone. Yes, it is a powerful story... well told, I hope.

I've been getting great reviews.

Tell your friends!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• hubert
    hubert
    Hubert - I have Joy's book - but to be honest, I could not get into it. I read maybe the first chapter or two and it seemed artsy and aloof. Should I give it another try? Does it get down to earth after you get into it a ways?

Yes, definitely give it another try. Keep going. It will knock your socks off, Jeff.

Joy has an unusual way of writing. She is a professor of English literature now, in Indiana, and her style of writing is a little over my (our) head. She tends to jump around a bit, and you have to guess where she is in her life, at certain times in the book. My wife is currently on chapter 2 also, and is having a little difficulty in figuring out what part of her life she is talking about, too.

As you read on, it helps you understand more. It's a very good book. Don't give up on it. Let me know how you are doing with it.

Hubert

• Bryan
    Bryan

Yeah, I really enjoyed Joy's book, too.

Her English Professorshipness does show quite a bit. But she has a great story to tell.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

i thought Bryan's book was not available yet??? I suppose I will check the library.But on another note: I simply could not ready The Truth Book. She does jump around a lot and I did not feel she was making a whole lot of sense. Someone who is unknown to the JW world would of been completely confused.

• hubert
    hubert
    I simply could not ready The Truth Book. She does jump around a lot and I did not feel she was making a whole lot of sense. Someone who is unknown to the JW world would of been completely confused.

Stilla, Please don't give up on this book. It is a little confusing at times, but not really as bad as it seems.

It gets better after a couple of chapters. The horror that Joy and her brother go through are extremely cruel. Please read on. You won't be sorry.

Also, if you click on this highlighted link http://www.haveyouseenmymother.com/ also in any of Bryan's posts, you'll get the link to order his book.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit