Would YOU Buy A Used Car From This Man?

by Nate Merit 8 Replies latest social humour

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

This is Darryl G. Monroe, formerly of San Quentin University. Upon graduation from said Institute of Higher Learning, Darryl embarked upon a Career of Enlightment as a Previously Owned Motorcar Dealer. Having found his experience as a Student at San Quentin U a bit too confining, Darryl vowed he would enjoy the fresh air and open spaces. So he pitched a tent behind the Pretty Good Pre-Owned Motorcars Emporium. You may email Darryl at [email protected]

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

Nate, I mean Darryl,

I'll be the first one to stick my neck out.

Based on looks alone...I know nothing about you...and i swear only peeked at one sentence in your book.

You look like a fun, kind, generous to a fault guy. You are happy and content and full of life. You could be a car salesman or a book salesman...you could be anything. I think you'd even be happy living in a tent. Maybe it was the university that did that for you.

At any rate, if you offered me candy or asked for help to find your lost puppy...i'd be there. If i were getting ice out of your freezer for a drink, i wouldn't blink at the human body part sticking out from behind the birds eye peas.

To steal a line from an 80's song: "You've got that Whip Appeal...So work it on me"

• Golf
    Golf

If the price is right and I have it checked out by my mechanic, maybe.

I've learned that most people are taken in to easily. My sister works for a car dealership in Phoenix.

Golf

• greendawn
    greendawn

Does he have a reputation for fiddling with the mileage clock to reduce the mileage shown? Most probably not but I got tricked once on this point.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Any man with a beard that nice can't be all bad, so yeah, I'd probably buy a car...

...however... not too sure about the aviator style sunglasses, although they are supposedly coming back into fashion !

Should'a gone to SpecSavers !!

LOL!

Bull!

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Ms Whip

Based on looks alone...I know nothing about you...and i swear only peeked at one sentence in your book.

(LOL! Which sentence? "It was the best of books, it was the worst of books...)

You look like a fun, kind, generous to a fault guy. You are happy and content and full of life. You could be a car salesman or a book salesman...you could be anything. I think you'd even be happy living in a tent. Maybe it was the university that did that for you.

(Aw shucks. What can a shy and retiring kinda guy like me say to that? Except...lets get together and discuss this in more details over a bottle of wine? Or maybe a bottle of Ron Rico? )

At any rate, if you offered me candy or asked for help to find your lost puppy...i'd be there. If i were getting ice out of your freezer for a drink, i wouldn't blink at the human body part sticking out from behind the birds eye peas.

(Oh you got me here. I didnt notice the 'human body part' at first. Which body part? )

To steal a line from an 80's song: "You've got that Whip Appeal...So work it on me"

Thank you darlin for a fine morning pick-me-up....or am I picking you up? Sevenish?

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Golf

In 2000 I came into a small bit of money, so I bought a new Honda Civic. After 30,000 miles the motor mounts were shot. You can find thirty year old Chevys with motor mounts just fine. The car now has 45,000 miles, still low mileage, but it has problems. So, buying a new car is every bit the crapshoot buying an old one is.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Greendawn

Turning back the mileage happens a lot. I looked at a Toyota Celica seven years ago on which the odometer said 75,000 miles. The car looked like it had about 175, 000 miles. I looked at the odometer, then at the salesman, and said "RRRRight."

NNNNNNNNNate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Bull

Hey, my beard is even shorter of late! So short I'd better leave it be for a few days. A small accident this morning while trimming it.

Aviator glasses? Hey, I'll have you know those were my Fearless Fly all-purpose superhero glasses! Only they broke and I bought a new pair much more current. Plus they work better and I'm no longer walking up to stumps and saying "nice doggie."

Thanks Bull!

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit