Is the Christian god a spoiled brat?

by free2beme 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

if jesus is jehovah, and jehovah is jesus, then jesus is a spoiled brat...

All gods are spoiled. Thats the general reason for being a god.
    that's right, ... now fetch me some grapes... TS
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If you're God, conjure up yer own damned grapes! LOL!

My opinion is that Jehovah is what the Jews thought of God. But they had never really had anyone among them who EVER claimed to be like God, so all they could do was apply their thinking to what they had experienced up to Jesus' time. They wrote from their perspective how things went down. Jesus comes along and WHAM! now all these Judaic concepts of God aren't matching up so well to the personality of this guy we believe is sent from God to represent him.

Voila! God changes his tune. Not because God necessarily was any different at all, but because people started perceiving him differently.

AuldSoul

• weeble
    weeble

I agree, 100%.

How many times did this happen though? He's the one that created humans in his image, yet he blamed the humans for f'ing up so many times. Instead taking a step back and realizing that he brought this all on himself, he very much acted like a spoiled brat and threw the biggest tantrums ever known. If he's the Supreme Being and totally perfect how can he possibly do that and people still follow him?!?!?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Free2beme:

If we really care about people, is it wrong to point this out?
    Your standing in quick sand, but I don't want to offend you by telling you. In case you meant to stand in quick sand, or maybe even you were a quick sand worshipper. You know, I value the fact that someone said something to me as a Witness that made me uncomfortable enough to go further and to avoid any warnning or negative in a religion is never healthy. You yourself expressed this and I know you must realize I am saying something that is true.

I'm confused (not too terribly uncommon). I was basically on your side in my statements. I was asking is it really wrong, or apposed to human compassion, to call attention to the Bible god's less than admirable actions, as AuldSoul seemed to be saying it somehow was - or at least that's what I interpreted Auldy as saying. It's likely my fault; I'll be the first to admit I have a very difficult time expressing what I am trying to say most of the time....I'm sure Gumby will second that. j

• free2beme
    free2beme

I see the Christian god and the Jewish god as the same God, only with two very different personalities. Which to me is a contradiction of what Christianity teaches. In that Christianity teaches that God is love, and yet reading the old Testament you see he is jealous, angry and not very loving. In fact, his lack of respect for the life of all those who do not worship him, bothered me even as a child. I was actually feeling pity for those armies slaughtered, just simply because they were born to a different blood line. Yet with such joy it was done and mentioned. Now in my original post, I mentioned that the two books of the Bible (Old and New) are two different religions. Yet they are together and have desurbing traits that do not seem like something worthy of envy.

Now think about this for a example, when mixing them together. Is God guilty of premeditated murder of his own son? Why would I say this, well he prophesied how he would be born, how he would live and show signs of who he was and how he would die. Now in order for these events to happen, it makes me wonder "would the devil actually read these same prophecies and become a puppet of God and do exactly what his enemy asked?" It seems to me that Jehovah would have had to make sure these things happen the way he planned and foretold. That is premeditated and since he died, with what appears to be divine intervention and the Divine is the God, then that is murder. Right?

You see, my views are the dark side of Christian reality. I see the story, know the story and think about it a lot as I grow older. Sometimes a light bulb goes off and I throw one of those ideas out too see reaction. Sometimes the reaction is, "wow, never thought about it that way." Sometimes a question about faith that is never seen in such a negative light, is met with a lot of confusion. As I spoke about in another thread on judgement in Christianity, I can honestly trace any belief in Christianity to judgement. Now does that mean I see all my Christian friends as fools. No! If I come across that way, sorry. I just like to get discussions going sometimes on issues that seem to be ignored, but they are there if you look at it enough. Guess that is what happens when you watch C.S.I. to much.

JamesThomas, I actually misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that my subject was a unloving thing to do and something you did not think was right for this board. I misunderstand things too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit