Before or after

by oldflame 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oldflame
    oldflame

I am curious because I was never baptised. I know I was lied to before baptism but I was wondering if it got worse after being baptised. I would like to know if things changed in doctrine or knowledge after you were baptised. Was there things about the troof that you did not have knowledge of and then once baptised did you learn doctrinal things previously not spoken of.

My reason for asking this is because since coming to JWD I have learned so much more about the JW doctrine that I did not know when I was studing their troof. And I feel they only shared part of their teachings just to get us in and then after they got you it was then that you learned the full doctrine.

• gumby
    gumby
    but I was wondering if it got worse after being baptised. I would like to know if things changed in doctrine or knowledge after you were baptised. Was there things about the troof that you did not have knowledge of and then once baptised did you learn doctrinal things previously not spoken of.

Interesting question OldFlame.

Most baptismal canidates know of only surface doctrines of the witnesses. Organisation proceeders aren't part of the study program when aideing others into the Organisation and if it is, it's to boast of their preaching acheivments and to remind new ones of the "Channell" Jehovah uses.

A study isn't told that if down the road (after getting baptised) they have a change of mind about their belief system, they will be expelled and treated like an apostate loser bastard. They aren't told that if they get involved in "Hanky Panky", the Elders will want "specific detail" in how you carried out your Hanky Panky.

They are also never told that if they expect a brother in the hall molested one of their children....to not run to the police but instead let the service dept. in Brooklyn handle it after you contact your local elders....and if their is no proof, you better keep your trap shut or they will disfellowship you for making trouble.

These are just a few of the things new ones are not told. There's alot more.

Gumby

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Quotes, author of http://quotes.watchtower.ca, said that he was inspired to start the web site because of a lack of "full disclosure" by the JW's of all that they have taught over the years. He makes a good point, since they always present "current truth" (hee hee) as what they have always believed, even going to the extreme of misquoting their own old literature to make it appear they always taught something that was actually a more recent "truth".

I was taught that the people that saw 1914 would still be alive when armageddon hit. Then in 1995, they redefined "generation" and concluded that it didn't mean any 1914'ers would be alive for the big-A. It didn't faze me at the time, but it was a definite, substantial change. (I was a serious robot, whatever they said was good as far as I was concerned.)

Dave

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was lied to before, during, and after. Then I was shunned because I didn't like it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Like Gary, I was lied to before, during, and after my stint as a cult propagandist. They even taught me how to lie convincingly. I never knew how to do that before I was a JW.

The JWs now insist I'm a "dog that has returned to his vomit" because I've given up my life of lies and become truthful again.

W

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

When you are studying, you are only told basic lies. Once you are baptised, you become part of the lie. If you change your mind about being a jw before baptism, they will still speak to you. If you change it afterwards, they shun you for life.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I was thinking back after reading these post and as I think about it when I was studing with the elder I never heard anything about how if you screw up you were kicked out and shunned. But my Youngest sister was disfellowshipped and I knew they did do that and the shunning. But I don't remember it affecting my thoughts or beliefs even though I knew that it as possible to be treated the same aas my sister was.

To tell you all the truth, it was gumby that got me thinking about the lies and deceit and then I read COC by R. Franz and that was it for me. This board here help a great deal in my escape from the society too. Boy I just thank God I did not go as far as I could have and been baptised because I know now I would of for a fact been disfellowshipped by now and shunned worse than I am.

• gumby
    gumby
    and shunned worse than I am.

Can it get ANY worse than it is now! LOL!

Gumby

• Carmel
    Carmel

Garybus and I had the same experiance. All the promises of "you'll understand when you are baptized" was BS. Nothing was explained, no answers given that differed from the crap bestowed before dunking. The day of my baptism was the day I secretly decided to exit. Took a couple years but excape I did!

carmelbbbbbb

• defd
    defd

I can answer that old flame. They do not hold nothing back at least with me they didnt. Well let me rephrase that. Yes they did. My teachers didnt prepare me for the friendly fire I would encounter along my journey down the narrow and cramped road. Something I will do for the ones I study with.

DF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit