YESTERDAY...

by under74 15 Replies latest jw friends

• willowmoon
    willowmoon
    She just might not 'want' to work

If that's what she thinks then the joke's on her. Staying home raising children and caring for a house is the hardest work there is and demands the highest degree of responsibility..... with little time off and no overtime pay

About the "obey" part...............

I hope your friend thinks it through and isn't just blinded by the sparkly ring!

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

I presume she gets her 'obey your husband' edict from her Bible.

Ask her what her Bible sez about premarital sex.

That one not worth following?

kdn

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Well I think you women should obey us men!

Bull! <= stands back and surfs the waves of anger coming from the ladies at that last comment !!

btw... it's not realllllly my opinion !! Honest !

• under74
    under74

Well, thanks for the comments guys...even you bull. I talked to a mutual friend about this today and I think there's nothing I can do about it. She wasn't raised religious but she was raised by people with mental issues and she's had some in the past. She's always been more or less rational though. So when this obedience thing came up it threw me. I think I might have to throw my hands up on this one because I can't see at this point having a rational conversation with her where she really hears me.

• Golf
    Golf

under74, if she's really in love or taken in by this person, what chances do you think of helping her to see the other side of the coin? Do you remember when you were in your early twenties?

Golf

• under74
    under74

golf- thing is I don't really think she's in love...otherwise she wouldn't have given him a deadline to get engaged. But to your question- she's in her late 20s. I'm 31. I remember being an idiot but never to the point of even stating I should be obedient to someone else. Anyway, like I said I'm throwing my hands up. There's nothing I can say to her that will change anything. She needs to up her paxil dosage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit