MORE QUESTIONS...TACKLE ONE TODAY!

by stillAwitness 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

1. So I purchased a new laptop 2 weeks ago and besides the 10 viruses I had a brother in my hall get rid of (I didn't know thats what that anti-spyware thing a magig was for!?) its been running pretty good. But now that I have been on there and of course have been rummaging through "apostate sites" if I ever need the brother to do work on my laptop for me again will he be able to know that I have been in such sites??? (I know, I know, find someone else to work on it for me, but he's a computer tech and free labor!)

2. I met this great guy, sweet, fun loving, just an all around good guy but he's super religious and at this point in my life, I want nothing to do with religion at all! Could it work with me and him? He says he supports me and trusts that I will "find my way back to the Lord" GAG But let's just say my spiritual journey right now has a few rest stops along the way. How important do you think it is for a couple to share the same religious views?

3. What do you call the chord I see college students carrying around when they want to transfer material from there personal computer to a public one? I need to buy one. Are there different kinds? What is a fair price I should be paying for one?

4. Do you think it is smart for me to try a little harder in keeping up the "good little JW" facade to get my parents off my back; Maybe get out in service more (or at least pretend thats where I am going) comment more at meetings, etc? Lately, they have not been so willing to give me money and let me borrow there car from time to time (I have my own but its a potato bucket)

• Poztate
    Poztate

Try this FREE program to help keep your infomation safe from JW prying eyes.

http://browsertools.net/IE-Privacy-Keeper/index.html

• jgnat
    jgnat

1. Unless you are fully computer literate (and from your comments I assume you’re not), you are going to leave a trail. My hubby regularly clears his history but invariably I find a cookie or link that busts him, every time. As for the free service, you get what you pay for. How important is it for you to preserve your privacy? 2. How important do you think it is for a couple to share the same religious views? All depends. Are you in to inflicting needless pain on yourself? Some people are. Some links to give you perspective on how important religious harmony is in a marriage:

Trust http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/102527/1.ashx Relationships http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/102525/1.ashx Intimacy http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/101715/1.ashx 3. Are you talking internet hookup? Looks like $12-30 depending on length. http://www.futureshop.ca/search/searchresult.asp?logon=&langid=EN&search=KWS 4. Depends on how valuable your independence is to you. What’s your school schedule like? My sister made a deal with my mom while she went to college. She only had to do dishes on Sunday….if she had no homework. So you know when the books came out. I doubt your parents are so gullible, but it might be worth a try.

• I-CH-TH-U-S
    I-CH-TH-U-S
    if I ever need the brother to do work on my laptop for me again ;will he be able to know that I have been in such sites???

only if he does snooping where he shouldnt be...so basically how well do you trust him?

How important do you think it is for ;a couple to share the same religious views

extremly important, the bible talks about how we need to be "equally yoked" i know i could never date a girl who isnt around the same walk with God then me let alone have a whole different belief structure

What do you call the chord I see college students carrying around when they want to transfer material from there personal computer to a public one? I need to buy one. Are there different kinds? What is a fair price I should be paying for one?

they are called USB keys, they come in different capacitys of memory, 64mb 128mb 256mb 500mb, 1g, basically your going to pay $75-200 depending on how much you want to store on the key

Do you think it is smart for me to try a little harder in keeping up the "good little JW" facade to get my parents off my back; Maybe get out in service more (or at least pretend thats where I am going) comment more at meetings, ;etc? Lately, they have not been so willing to give me money and let me borrow there car from time to time (I have my own but its a potato bucket)

i think you should do what your heart tells you to do, all i know is that YHWH God is love, and if they are really folllowing YHWH, then they will love you no matter what you do and what decisions you make in your life. That is exactly what YHWH is about. he doesnt like seeing all the crappy stuff (ie sin) we do in our lives but it doesnt change how much he loves us. that is the kind of love that YHWH asks of us to be loving. now for your parents there is a time for scolding if you are doing something stupid (like stealing the car to go to your friends), but they shuoldnt hassle you for making decisions in your life, they may not agree, but they shuoldnt be hassling you, i dont see God hassling people, just doesnt work in my mind

hope that helps

ICHTHUS

• sinis
    sinis

You are very trusting to let a "bro" look at your computer. Heck, he could load a key logger, or other software that can record your actual key strokes. Also, software is fairly easy to find that will look for ALL deleted files, extensions, etc. on your hard drive, which means he could see where you have been, old letters composed, etc. Just depends how much you trust him. Knowing the witnesses they love to dig dirt on someone... For software help you'd be better off going to a tech forum and posting questions - they can walk you through it.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Ahhhh stilla! what are you thinking? Don't you know that JW's are the biggest snoops around. trained to dob on one another! Maybe someone at college could help you?

The string things do sound to be like USB keys. trust me if you need to copy data around frequently I would highly recommend getting one. They are fantastic!

• Flash
    Flash

Q: he's super religious... Could it work with me and him?
    A: I want nothing to do with religion at all!

How important do you think it is for a couple to share the same religious views?

A: But let's just say my spiritual journey right now has a few rest stops along the way.

............................................................................

Date someone more like yourself stilla.

Best Wishes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit