does God change his mind?

by I-CH-TH-U-S 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I-CH-TH-U-S
    I-CH-TH-U-S

in the story of Jonah, God says he is going to destroy Ninevah Jonah 3:3 ..."forty more days and nineveh will be overthrown"

but then God's compassion comes and he spares Nineveh, does God change his mind?

• daystar
    daystar

Why should he when he has man to do it for him?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Yes he does, Genesis 6:6f; Exodus 32:14 etc.

No he doesn't, Numbers 23:19 etc.

• forsharry
    forsharry

Of course he does...I mean, don't we change our minds? God created us in his image...and we've done some pretty messed up stuff. Brilliant!

God painting a picture, "I just have to get this tree right...oops...Me Dammit! I will kill everyone!"

• undercover
    undercover

Does god change his mind?? Well, of course he does.

Armageddon was supposed to come in 1914. Apparently he changed his mind. And again in 1918 and 1925. And 1975. Then the generation alive in 1914 would not pass away. Well, I guess he changed it there to, cause that generation is gone.

Oh yeah, He used to say taking blood in any form was wrong, but He's changed that. Now you can accept fractions of blood, not just whole blood. He changed his mind on vaccinations and organ transplants too. Were bad, now okay.

He's a fickle god, this Jehober.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I think he just gets confused a lot...

J

• weeble
    weeble

Poor old man....he's suffering from alzheimers.
    One day we're going to see Jehovah walking down a street butt nekkid asking what millenium he's in.

• I-CH-TH-U-S
    I-CH-TH-U-S

anyone think that he doesnt change his mind?

• Carmel
    Carmel

could you define mind? Parents change diapers! caveman

• Satanus
    Satanus

Perhaps the changing of god's mind could be compared to the universe stopping it's present spin, and spinning the other way.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit