Did you have a "third" hall for the Theocratic Ministry School?

by truthseeker 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

We were 'supposed' to have 2 schools but most of the time it was condensed into one school or, if we managed to have enough participants for 2 schools the # 4 Talk was usually 'piped' into the library on the sound system. I guess Joe Hoba was simplifying things.

• atypical
    atypical

Yeah, phoenix in the 80's at our hall we had three schools. I was on the impromptu list to help out with all the cancellations.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

We had only a second school in Palmer, MA. I also remember them sending the third talk down through the sound system many times because of cancellations. What I really hated was when you had a talk scheduled for the second school but someone scheduled for upstairs cancelled and you had to give your talk in the main hall. Man that was awful.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Hardly ever used it, but yes we did.

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Yes , for a little while.

It used to be on the school schedule that if the enrollment exceeded ?? students, there should be another school. We had enough for 3 , but the # of no shows eventually took it's toll.

I was the School overseer & it was a real pain making up 3 schedules.

B.

• LDH
    LDH

Yah, Auburn New York did for a while. Small congregation, but we had one. It got to the point that you were giving talks about every thirty seconds, and I have been known to whip up a mean talk in under 5 minutes after forgetting I had one. Or my personal favorite, when the person who had the talk didn't show and they asked someone to take it. I was a sucker for that, LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit